Bruce Arians on Jets' Todd Bowles: 'You're only as good as your players'

Gas2No99

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Fitz had a very good year in 15.  Last year he did not.  Bowles wanted the Qb he had in 15 back.  That Fitz was not that Qb in 16 was a problem, but why that was the case is something I can't say Bowles himself was a significant factor in.  So it's really hindsight to complain about what Bowles said at the beginning of the off season last year. 

I also highly doubt he was speaking then without an awareness of what Woody and Macc wanted.  In other words the decision to bring back Fitz was not Bowles's sole responsibility by any means.  So to point the finger at him as responsible for what ended up happening with Fitz is just plain silly.

Honestly he had good numbers but his play want so good, and the circumstances made it that much less impressive and the coach should know that this unlikely, best-case scenario, which still wasn't enough, wasn't going to come close to repeating. You can disagree. 

We had At least two future hall of fame players on our roster last season probably more and yes past their prime but we sucked how good does the roster have to be for us to make the playoffs again?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

yeah ... revis looked like a hall of famer last year ... what team is he on now ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived