Probably Safe To Assume Adams off Jets possibilities

SickJetFan

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I get Calvin Pryor is a big disappointment.  But could he theorotically affect our decision to take Adams vs Hooker?  Adams seems more a SS from what I read (same as Pryor) and Hooker more a FS.  I know it's easy to dismiss but maybe the Jets are actually tired of stacking 1st rounders at the same position after the Mo/Sheldon tandem-disaster-redundant-wasted-reserources that's occurring right now with Leo.

I don't think so.  The Jets haven't picked up Pryor's option, usually a sign a 1st round pick is on shaky ground 

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's fine with me. We need to start drafting offense at some point this century. Fournette/Howard/Williams/Corey Davis will all help the development of Hack or whoever we draft at QB this or next year. If there was a Tackle worthy of this pick it would be my first choice. I don't care what the "experts" say about taking RBs/TEs early in a draft. 

I'm all for that.  Maybe not Corey Davis because I feel that's a bit high for him, but I'd be all for Howard or even Mike Williams.  

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

Strong possibility that Adams could go 3rd to the Bears and Fournette to the Jags not making it to us at 6

Yeah I agree.  Especially with them somewhat addressing the QB position momentarily.  They probably will go BPA with the 3rd pick.  Could be this:

1.  Cleveland - Myles Garrett

2.  San Fran - Deshaun Watson

3.  Chicago - Jamal Adams

4.  Jacksonville - Leonard Fournette

5.  Tennessee - Mike Williams

6.  Jets -  OJ Howard, Marshon Lattimore, Malik Hooker, Mitch Trubisky, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster??

7 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Yeah I agree.  Especially with them somewhat addressing the QB position momentarily.  They probably will go BPA with the 3rd pick.  Could be this:

6.  Jets -  OJ Howard, Marshon Lattimore, Malik Hooker, Mitch Trubisky, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster??

Out of that group, and it could go that way, got to go with Hooker.  I know A lot of posters want Howard, I wouldn't be devastated if they took him, but Hooker's a good player, and the Jets desperately need a FS

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Out of that group, and it could go that way, got to go with Hooker.  I know A lot of posters want Howard, I wouldn't be devastated if they took him, but Hooker's a good player, and the Jets desperately need a FS

I wouldn't be mad at the Hooker pick because now is a perfect time to pick.  His range, ball skills and play-making ability leads me to believe that this kid will be a stud.  We're not going to be competitive realistically for another 3 years so pick him and let him learn and hopefully by year 3 he evolves into a complete animal and leader in that secondary

53 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Perfect for some team maybe wanting to trade up for Allen dropping

1 hour ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Perfect for some team maybe wanting to trade up for Allen dropping

I think Jonathan Allen is going to be a superior talent in the league.  Hopefully his shoulder isn't a big problem.  I can definitely see a team trading up to get his services.  

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

I get Calvin Pryor is a big disappointment.  But could he theorotically affect our decision to take Adams vs Hooker?  Adams seems more a SS from what I read (same as Pryor) and Hooker more a FS.  I know it's easy to dismiss but maybe the Jets are actually tired of stacking 1st rounders at the same position after the Mo/Sheldon tandem-disaster-redundant-wasted-reserources that's occurring right now with Leo.

adams is good enough to play anywhere really but is probably best suited in the middle rover spot like polamalu. if I had my choice I'd probably take hooker but both of these kids are studs and likely will be BPA

Archived