MINI CAMP TWEET RODEO. (Where we secretly root for Hackenberg to implode)

T0mShane

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

So, the Jets played a game of chicken with BOTH Harris and Davis to restructure. Davis bit, Harris stood his ground, just as he did on the field, and got the boot. 

COLD Blooded. 

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

So, the Jets played a game of chicken with BOTH Harris and Davis to restructure. Davis bit, Harris stood his ground, just as he did on the field, and got the boot. 

COLD Blooded. 

Looks that way.  Loved Harris for all the years that he gave us but loathed watching him the last 3-4 seasons.  I was actually in favor of giving Demario a cheap deal after 2015 and sending Harris packing but I get why they didn't.  I think Davis will do better than any other year he's had running Harris's role now while Lee does his job from 2015.  He always struck me as a player better suited to throw his head down and rack up tackles.  Lee is the more athletic and versatile guy who is better suited to be shifted around like they used to do with Demario  I also really don't think the production is going to be a huge drop off and we saved a ton of money.  Ultimately a tough cut but I'm happy they did it.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I think you misread me. When I said right now I meant guys who are actively participating in the Mini Camp sessions, not guys who will be on the 53.  

Enunwa isn't practicing either.

11 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Citing a soup eating old Irishman with a chicken fetish DOES NOT TRANSLATE into NFL success. You know who had SPEED and didn't amount to SQUAT? and they were Top 10 pick FIRST ROUNDERS!:

Darius Heyward Bey

Troy Williamson

Ted Ginn Jr.  

Then there's other classic 1st round speedsters who amounted to NOT MUCH:

Lee Evans

Eddie Kennison

Donte Stallworth

Robert Meachum 

etc, etc, etc. 

You're new here, your optimism will wane with time to be more realistic, but your actual football knowledge and competence will increase if you hang out here long enough, but too long and you'll be like JW12, you'll realize there's more to football - and moreso being an actual NFL caliber WR -  than simply "speed"

Haha what a snob. You sir are full of Gas. Bob Hayes, Jerry Rice and countless others etc etc etc. Did your mommy leave off the jelly from your peanut butter sandwich? 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Looks that way.  Loved Harris for all the years that he gave us but loathed watching him the last 3-4 seasons.  I was actually in favor of giving Demario a cheap deal after 2015 and sending Harris packing but I get why they didn't.  I really don't think the production is going to be a huge drop off and we saved a ton of money.  Ultimately a tough cut but I'm happy they did it.

I hate saying it but Harris is still better than Davis. Neither was great in coverage but Harris was still better according to every metric you could find.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I hate saying it but Harris is still better than Davis. Neither was great in coverage but Harris was still better according to every metric you could find.

I'm not saying I disagree, but I don't think the difference is large enough to warrant paying Harris the money he was due to make.  At the end of the day, it was loyalty cash because his play certainly didn't reflect the pricetag.  Once again, I think it will be interesting to see Davis in Harris's old role which was more along the lines of setting up the defense, team leader, and racking up 100+ tackles.  Keeping it a little simpler for him and using Lee as the Swiss Army knife MLB that Davis was supposed to be might yield better results than in the past.  I wouldn't bet money on it but, in a year like this, it's worth seeing if that is a way to plug the vacancy Harris left behind.

17 minutes ago, Azuma said:

Haha what a snob. You sir are full of Gas. Bob Hayes, Jerry Rice and countless others etc etc etc. Did your mommy leave off the jelly from your peanut butter sandwich? 

Ok, who allowed the 12 year old on the board?

31 minutes ago, Azuma said:

So please give a VALID retort as to WHY Canon  will make the 53 man squad when he is coming from the same pop gun system that Petty came from in college and had NO IDEA how to read defenses. 

It's not being a snob, it's KNOWING what you're talking about. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

So please give a VALID retort as to WHY Canon is will make the 53 man squad when he is coming from the same pop gun system that Petty came from in college and had NO IDEA how to read defenses. 

It's not being a snob, it's KNOWING what you're talking about. 

I prefer to engage in civil recourse. Get back to me when you grow up. 

6 minutes ago, Azuma said:

I prefer to engage in civil recourse. Get back to me when you grow up. 

EXACTLY. You have no argument. KD Canon is crap and citing Rocky 2 doesn't equate "civil recourse"

I'm done with this petulant neophyte. 

And it's DISCOURSE not recourse. :rolleyes: Thanks for proving my point, child. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

+1 

you won't last too long here. 

Really. Are you related to the mods here? Probably why you think you can be the end of all. People who have all the answers don't even know the questions. Better for you to fart elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

EXACTLY. You have no argument. KD Canon is crap and citing Rocky 2 doesn't equate "civil recourse"

I'm done with this petulant neophyte. 

You're like a demon child in a horror movie that can't be killed. I'll summon a priest. 

On 6/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, The Crusher said:

Objectivity, criticism and a hater walked into a bar...  the bartender said what will it be boys objectivity says, " whatever's good " Critisism says, " Something I won't like." The hater says, " I'm on the wagon."  

Why can't gay people drive faster than 68 mph?

I'm surprised McDougle got mentioned at all. And Hack sounding... not like a lost cause. What happens on this forum if he turns out showing flashes? Like Sanchez level.. but bigger arm? Do we pray he turns into the real deal or still hope to pick up a top pick QB?

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok. Next person who is anything other than civil in this thread gets a break until pre season starts. Any takers? 

SOrry, just saw this. LOL, couldn't resist. It was rather tempting though . . . 

1 minute ago, pointman said:

I'm surprised McDougle got mentioned at all. And Hack sounding... not like a lost cause. What happens on this forum if he turns out showing flashes? Like Sanchez level.. but bigger arm? Do we pray he turns into the real deal or still hope to pick up a top pick QB?

I go with pray he's the real deal.  Let's not forget he's only 22. He still has miles to go but at least there is a glimmer of hope.

21 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Because at 69 they blow a rod

What did the gay sperm say to the 2nd gay sperm?

How are suppose to find an egg in all this sh*t 

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Ok but just 1 more

What did the 2 condoms say to each other walking down the street?

Hey lets go in that gay bar and get sh*tfaced.

LOL. Middle school hallway banter all over again. Thanks for the cheap laughs. :lol:

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

WHICHEVER leads to a Franchise QB, whether he's on the roster now or acquired next year. It's a win win really. 

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

SOrry, just saw this. LOL, couldn't resist. It was rather tempting though . . . 

Max was like," hey tubby, out for a week, please do stuff ." 

So Im doing stuff. Probably wrong stuff but a portly brother gotta start someplace. 

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty much for right now, yeah lol.

Being serious though I believe the top of the chart for these Mini Camp days would be Quincy Enunwa, Robby Anderson, Jalin Marshall, Peake, Kenbrell Thompkins (tryout), KD Cannon, then everyone else (more tryouts/UDFAs). 

TEs are ASJ, Legget, Eric Tomlinson, Tim Wright (tryout), and a few other tryouts there too.

WR Devin Street might have a chance. Seems he could fit the WCO. 

Archived