Chan Chan was a MEAN man. Ex-Jet Kerley criticizes Chan Gailey

Gas2No99

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Kerley was a productive WR playing here with some of the worst QB's in the NFL.  Him and Decker both played slot for obvious reasons they preferred Decker but they should not have cut him. Last season Kerley had 64 catches for 664 yards playing with JAG Colin Kaepernick and ROBOJAG Blaine Gabbert."

Define productive. It's got to mean more than 664 yards for a non-playoff team doesn't it?

I mean, there's a reason he was available to lay with Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert: He a shrimp with no speed. And, of course, no mention of how many TDs he caught. Don't bother. Nobody cares.

BTW, how many PLAYOFFS catches has he had since the Jets released him?

Yep, he's THAT good.

10 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Gailey became enamored with the idea of using Enunwa as a TE/WR hybrid to try to get mismatches with linebackers/safeties.  And look, I'm not saying it didn't work, the offense had a great year by usual standards.  But there were also long stretches in the midseason where the offense went stale where Kerley might have been able to contribute too.  He proved in 2013/2014 that he had some skill.

I'm not saying Kerley wasn't a better player than Enunwa in 2015.  He was.  And he probably could have helped the offense more than Enunwa did that year.  I'm saying that the Jets sacrificed Kerley's production in order to develop Enunwa.  I would say that it worked, considering Enunwa is now better than Kerley ever was and is still getting better.

Archived