The real question - Have the Jets shown enough progress?

Freemanm

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'd love to see their strat plan.  I'd also like to know how Woody evaluates Macc and Bowles.  I sometimes doubt Woody has even heard of such a thing.

So would I like to see the plan, cause I want to see how they “planned” to have Fitzpatrick and then McCown at QB over a 3 year period and not aggressively pursue a franchise level QB when the team had at best shell shocked at best QB in Geno Smith in the wings!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

So would I like to see the plan, cause I want to see how they “planned” to have Fitzpatrick and then McCown over a 3 year period and not aggressively pursue a franchise level QB when the team had a shell shocked at best Geno Smith in the wings!!

The "Plan" was to build a dominating defense, because that's what most DC's want to do. They really don't care much about QB's. Problem is the defense isn't very good, let alone dominating.

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Huh?  A random guy off the street would be an upgrade over Bowles as HC

Worst head coach since Kotite and the GM is horrific too

Without a doubt. You are 100% correct. I’m just trying to avoid the situation we are in currently. I don’t want us just to hire anyone just because they’re an upgrade over Bowles. I want a guy that’s going to be here for 10+ years. The last thing we need is to hire an incompetent **** and want to fire him in 2021. That’s what I’m saying. 

43 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Without a doubt. You are 100% correct. I’m just trying to avoid the situation we are in currently. I don’t want us just to hire anyone just because they’re an upgrade over Bowles. I want a guy that’s going to be here for 10+ years. The last thing we need is to hire an incompetent **** and want to fire him in 2021. That’s what I’m saying. 

Well people on here are acting like O’Brien is better than Parcells because Mac is going to hire him after Bowles is made the scapegoat 

14 hours ago, Larz said:

The only question is will woody want to be bothered with a search 

If they lose out in embarrassing fashion, maybe 

I think all they have to do is try hard and beat the chargers 

Woody won't be involved in any search.  He's a bit busy.

Which is one reason Bowles, despite being a horrible head coach so far here in NY, will likely be retained.

Archived