Where we at?

SenorGato

7 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

I think Kirk is a pretty great QB and all but you're going to compare him to Peyton Manning and LeBron James? You do realize that Peyton was a Top 2 QB for almost a decade and LeBron has been the best athlete in the NBA for over 10 years? 

I do.  The point, however, is that local market isn't where big money endorsement deals are made.  And, I'm pretty sure that Kirk Cousin's will make enough money that he wont need to take Hillside Honda ads.  Hell, when Revis Island was a thing, you still didn't see Revis on local billboards.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I do.  The point, however, is that local market isn't where big money endorsement deals are made.  And, I'm pretty sure that Kirk Cousin's will make enough money that he wont need to take Hillside Honda ads.  Hell, when Revis Island was a thing, you still didn't see Revis on local billboards.

The argument was made that Kirk can make up the money that he will lose by choosing Minnesota, so yeah apparently he will be doing Honda ads or signing autographs in the mall like someone said. Btw Peyton and LeBron have made much more than Revis and they're constantly doing ads. 

At the end of the day, no one knows what the biggest factor will be in Kirk's decision. It could be money, how good the team is, the coaches & staff, location, market, etc. 

As other posters have noted, the Vikings will have to make some major choices as to who they will resign/ let go following their hopeful Superbowl run this year. Hopefully Kirk will believe that the Jets are the better choice in the long haul vs right meow. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

The argument was made that Kirk can make up the money that he will lose by choosing Minnesota, so yeah apparently he will be doing Honda ads or signing autographs in the mall like someone said. Btw Peyton and LeBron have made much more than Revis and they're constantly doing ads. 

Ah... I see.  No, that wasn't the point at all.  The argument was that if Cousins was concerned about the hypothetical difference between 100M and 104M, he could easily recover that gap, and that other factors besides that financial difference will be more important.

I don’t pretend to know whether Denver, Minnesota, or New York are the best fits for Cousins and his family.  I am in the camp that hopes he signs with us because qb is obviously the most important hole we have.  We can then use the rest of our cap space and our draft picks to start building around him.  If he chooses another city Mac is going to have to make it happen in the draft and use our cap space to fill in other holes.  In my opinion signing Cousins gets us better quicker whereas the draft is more long term assuming, scary, that we make the right picks, especially qb.

Archived