Where we at?

SenorGato

The only way we were going to get Cousins was if we had the more lucrative offer. Minnesota is supposedly offering 3 years, 91 million, completely guaranteed. If that's true (admittedly a big "if") we're finished and the deal is already done, which seems to be what most "in the know" are reporting.

So yeah, let's make sure to draft a QB.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

- Wilkerson was worn down by massive workloads on sh*tty, directionless teams. That describes all of us so I have the smallest dose of empathy. 

preach it 

the soiling of Mo Wilkerson's character because he missed a couple meetings is Jets fandom at it's worst

tbh there was always a small subsection of the fanbase who saved a pitchfork for dude cause he his name was Muhammad 

he made 2 probowls got hurt and stopped trying. it happens and it's sh*tty but no cause to celebrate 

the cap space that everyone loves so much doesn't mean crap if no one wants to play here 

they can't even sign their own FA by the way. How is Demario Davis going to hit FA? 

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

but your logic is sh*t.

Your entire argument is that a worker should take less money to prop up some team’s tiny window in the hopes that, 5 years from now, he might get another contract. What is rational or practical about this for Cousins? 

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The only way we were going to get Cousins was if we had the more lucrative offer. Minnesota is supposedly offering 3 years, 91 million, completely guaranteed. If that's true (admittedly a big "if") we're finished and the deal is already done, which seems to be what most "in the know" are reporting.

So yeah, let's make sure to draft a QB.

This fake news

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

tbh there was always a small subsection of the fanbase who saved a pitchfork for dude cause he his name was Muhammad 

This is 100% true and literally happened on this very board. 

I don’t care to resign Davis. All resources on the offense and many QBs except for a stop to pick up a CB or pass rusher. 

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm confused. You speak like someone who doesn't mop bathrooms for a living... but your logic is sh*t.

KIRK: So... whatta you think. Jets, Vikings? 

AGENT: Money is apples to oranges. Maybe we squeeze another 25 million guaranteed for your 4th year out of the Jets.... but...

KIRK: But what? 

AGENT: Well, that's not really what you want. in 3 seasons, you'll be 33, prime for another mega extension, and avg salary at that point will likely get you 33-35 guaranteed a year.. Could be looking at 120+ guaranteed in Feb 2021

KIRK: yea! Lets do that.

AGENT: OK, but key part of getting that second fat payoff, is not looking like sh*t between now and then.

KIRK: Right, and NY sucks....

AGENT: Yes. Unless you think you can throw NY on your back for a couple years with whatever the fck they're peddling as playmakers... it's a risk. GM/HC are a strike away. You can squeeze an extra few million outta them, but I can't promise you anything down the road. 

KIRK: So, virtually everything is better in MIN? Talent, defense, coaching, likelyhood of increasing my value over 3 years... 

AGENT: Yes.... except, NY has this Gato guy. Apparently he's a big deal. Reinventing the wheel over there.

I cant help burt think that is exactly the way it will go. Sadly enough? It probably should.

who wouldn't want to join the Vikings dynasty.

since 2013 they've gone:

5-10

7-9

11-5

8-8

13-3 

The 2 playoff appearances were a 1 and done and should have been a 1 and done if not for a mental collapse by the Saints.

They're basically the Patriots of the NFC.

14 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Your entire argument is that a worker should take less money to prop up some team’s tiny window in the hopes that, 5 years from now, he might get another contract. What is rational or practical about this for Cousins? 

As i continue to be more right, and make more sense, and illustrate my point more thoroughly -- your posts are regressing both in value and in merit. You literally ignored everything i said.

You don't understand the business. You don't understand agents. You don't understand markets. You don't understand inherent franchise risks. You don't understand management volatility. You don't understand how players angle and plan for extensions. 

I'm actually not sure what you understand. 

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm confused. You speak like someone who doesn't mop bathrooms for a living... but your logic is sh*t.

AGENT: Money is apples to oranges. Maybe we squeeze another 25 million guaranteed for your 4th year out of the Jets.... but...

AGENT: Well, that's not really what you want. in 3 seasons, you'll be 33, prime for another mega extension, and avg salary at that point will likely get you 33-35 guaranteed a year.. Could be looking at 120+ guaranteed in Feb 2021

AGENT: OK, but key part of getting that second fat payoff, is not looking like sh*t between now and then.

AGENT: Yes. Unless you think you can throw NY on your back for a couple years with whatever the fck they're peddling as playmakers... it's a risk. GM/HC are a strike away. You can squeeze an extra few million outta them, but I can't promise you anything down the road. 

KIRK: So, virtually everything is better in MIN? Talent, defense, coaching, likelyhood of increasing my value over 3 years... 

AGENT: Yes.... except, NY has this Gato guy. Apparently he's a big deal. Reinventing the wheel over there.

another potential conversation:

Kirk: Hun, what do you think?

Wife: We both love NYC and broadway..  In Minnesota there is that mall with a roller coaster but I think that would lose it's luster after a couple visits.

Kirk: I like this Bates guy and my agent has told me that Josh loved his time in NY.  Said they were first class.  But those fans..  wow - they're nuts.

Wife: Do you think you can win in NY

Kirk: Of course!  What kind of man would I be if I didn't think I could make a difference.  They have a lot of money to absorb my contract and add more pieces.  They should have won more than they did last year.  If I go to Minnesota they're going to have trouble re-signing a lot of their D play makers the next couple years.

Wife: Well you know where I'd rather go..  Minnesota looks boring and cold.

Kirk: Ok NY it is.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

preach it 

the soiling of Mo Wilkerson's character because he missed a couple meetings is Jets fandom at it's worst

he made 2 probowls got hurt and stopped trying. it happens and it's sh*tty but no cause to celebrate 

the cap space that everyone loves so much doesn't mean crap if no one wants to play here 

they can't even sign their own FA by the way. How is Demario Davis going to hit FA? 

No Jets fandom at its worst is thinking Cousins who automatically would be our best Quarterback is somehow bad because we have to pay $$

False, no one give two sh*ts about his name, we supported Dirty Sanchez after the butt fumble, we will support anyone...

Get out the cocktails and start the music, our team is better with out him and his BS

The $ is why people sign, period, if you don't understand that I'm not sure what to say. Robbie Andersen, Damon Harrison etc.

Why wouldn't he? We sign undrafted guys all the damn time

Maybe Im hangry or grumpy in the morning but this post really needed a response.. Go Jets

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Wife: We both love NYC and broadway..  In Minnesota there is that mall with a roller coaster but I think that would lose it's luster after a couple visits.

Kirk: I like this Bates guy and my agent has told me that Josh loved his time in NY.  Said they were first class.  But those fans..  wow - they're nuts.

Kirk: Of course!  What kind of man would I be if I didn't think I could make a difference.  They have a lot of money to absorb my contract and add more pieces.  They should have won more than they did last year.  If I go to Minnesota they're going to have trouble re-signing a lot of their D play makers the next couple years.

lol - hey hun, how'd you like to double our money in 3 years? 

*cums on his face*

D'ALRIGHTY THEN! 

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Hard to argue with this. But

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

This is the only retort. And it truly is a good one. Only if it actually applies. From what ive read on this site, the Cousins family does indeed like nyc.

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

As i continue to be more right, and make more sense, and illustrate my point more thoroughly -- your posts are regressing both in value and in merit. You literally ignored everything i said.

You don't understand the business. You don't understand agents. You don't understand markets. You don't understand inherent franchise risks. You don't understand management volatility. You don't understand how players angle and plan for extensions. 

I'm actually not sure what you understand. 

Woof. This is some real cornered animal sh*t. Doesn’t even cover up the irrational, nonsensical argument displaying a complete lack of knowledge on even basic, general concepts. Keep ******* that chicken, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Woof. This is some real cornered animal sh*t. Doesn’t even cover up the irrational, nonsensical argument displaying a complete lack of knowledge on even basic, general concepts. Keep ******* that chicken, I guess. 

Yeah he totally was a deek but i do agree that minny is the better option for kirk.

Edit

Although it will mess up vikings starting next year.

Edited again

because i think that while minny is a very good option for kirk on the surface, i am back to thinking about all the resigning theyve got to do, and the limited cap space they have next year for Hunter/barr/Diggs amd others

8 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Yeah he totally was a deek but i do agree that minny is the better option. 

I think Minnesota’s an easy trap to fall for if you only focus on their 2017 and 2018 for some reason and truly believe prime aged players owe it to the world to take less money over reasons that work against the individual’s best interests. 

20 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Hard to argue with this. But

This is the only retort. And it truly is a good one. Only if it actually applies. From what ive read on this site, the Cousins family does indeed like nyc.

Yea, i guess. but they can still live in NY with kirk gone for a few months.

Honestly, the only reasoon the NY living situation becomes a conversation is if Kirk INTENTS to stay in NY for the long haul. 

18 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

what are you talking about -- you haven't addressed a single thing i said, except that kirk wants a lot over 5 years. You haven't acknowledged a thing i said about him angling for a new contract in 3 years and wanting to maintain value from 2018-2021. It's well known that he wants a 3 year deal (added years irrelevant).

I'm not being a d*ck, you're just not acknowledging what i'm saying. Hence why i took to hyperbole. Obviously i don't think you actually  don't understand anything. You choosing to ignore it. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

There's one more conversation to be played out.

Wife: Who are you going to throw the ball to?

Kirk: Robby Anderson is fast

Wife: Yes, but he can't run very fast in an 8x10 prison cell

Kirk: True...well there's Quincy Enunwa...if he's healthy.  

[pause]

Kirk: I guess there are always the Tight Ends...

[silence]

Wife: Is Jumbo Elliot still there?

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

It gets better and better. Wife and newborn child live across the country for half the year...Dreams coming true yo 

think of how proud Kirk will be when he facetimes his babys first steps.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

what are you talking about -- you haven't addressed a single thing i said, except that kirk wants a lot over 5 years. You haven't acknowledged a thing i said about him angling for a new contract in 3 years and wanting to maintain value from 2018-2021. It's well known that he wants a 3 year deal (added years irrelevant).

I'm not being a d*ck, you're just not acknowledging what i'm saying. Hence why i took to hyperbole. Obviously i don't think you actually  don't understand anything. You choosing to ignore it. 

Rotfl were you always this bottom rung unreasonable and delusional? 

Youre response to my accurate summary of your meatball argument was to go on that insane cornered animal rant about how right you believe you are. 

45 minutes ago, Pac said:

Supermodel Wendy: Hey, are you that guy who owns all those haters on JetNation dot commmm?

Pac: Yes. It is me.

Supermodel Wendy: Then perhaps you’d like to rub this oil alllll over my shoulders and breasts and perhaps my vulvular region? Mark Sanchez is the best.

Pac: hand me that oil, baby.

93CE8AD8-64EA-4920-B4B8-541D60DCD3AA.gif

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Rotfl were you always this bottom rung unreasonable and delusional? 

Youre response to my accurate summary of your meatball argument was to go on that insane cornered animal rant about how right you believe you are. 

show me where you addressed anything besides being diluted into thinking Kirk is going to have a money fight with his wife. Everyone in Kirk's corner is going to be looking at money today, and in 3 years. Where does he stand to make the most money between 2018-2025. Is it NY? Or is it in MIN given his value in 2021.

I'm not delusional. I'm talking business. Join me, if you're interested. There is NO argument for signing with NY besides a few extra million in the short term. Much more at risk long term.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

This post is so loaded with wrong things. 

This has nothing to do with homerism or me being a Jets fan. It’s about money, which is neither vague nor obtuse. The only thing vague and obtuse right now is this act where less money is better or money lacks value because the Jets haven’t made one consecutive playoff like the Vikings; all because in 5 years he may also get money. Lol like wtf...That is some real mental gymnastics.

OTOH I do understand mentally preparing for the worst with this franchise. 

There's definitely more to it than money in this case, because it's an absurd amount of money either way.  So, there's room to make choices that are in the best interest of him and his family as far as where he lives, what team he plays for, etc.  It's not like we're talking the difference between a 125K and 45K.  We're talking about the difference (maybe) of a few percentage points.  He's going to get a 9 figure deal in all likelihood either way.  Do you really think that if he looks at a deal for 120M from the Team A and 116M from Team B, he's taking Team A automatically?

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Kirk Cousins was born in Barrington, IL and went to Holland Christian High School.  He participated in sports ministry.  Are we sure he loves NYC and Broadway?  Because, I'm not sure that Dear Evan Hansen is the selling point here.

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There's one more conversation to be played out.

Wife: Who are you going to throw the ball to?

Kirk: Robby Anderson is fast

Wife: Yes, but he can't run very fast in an 8x10 prison cell

Kirk: True...well there's Quincy Enunway...if he's healthy.  

[pause]

Kirk: I guess there are always the Tight Ends...

[silence]

Wife: Is Jumbo Elliot still there?

If the wife knows who Jumbo Elliot is, Kirk Cousin's to the Jets is a done deal.

Granting that Kirk will have a better team in Minny than in NY. I'm BSing some potential stats. The goal is to then compare them and see how much they would really change his price in 3 years. 

Kirk stats in MIN next 3 years:

3 playoff appearances. 1 SB win. 13K yards. 83TD. 33INT.

Kirk stats in NYJ next 3 years.

2 playoff appearances. 0SB win. 12.2K yards. 80TD. 35INT.

===

Perhaps these numbers are completely totally off. I am assuming (dangerous) that the Jets actually do surround him with some decent pieces. I dont think that the differences in these numbers (or something similar) would really do a ton to up his value in three years. He will either look the part of a franchise QB, or he wont, regardless of minor variations in his stats.

Just now, BrickTamland said:

Granting that Kirk will have a better team in Minny than in NY. I'm BSing some potential stats. The goal is to then compare them and see how much they would really change his price in 3 years. 

Kirk stats in MIN next 3 years:

3 playoff appearances. 1 SB win. 13K yards. 83TD. 33INT.

Kirk stats in NYJ next 3 years.

2 playoff appearances. 0SB win. 12.2K yards. 80TD. 35INT.

===

Perhaps these numbers are completely totally off. I am assuming (dangerous) that the Jets actually do surround him with some decent pieces. I dont think that the differences in these numbers (or something similar) would really do a ton to up his value in three years. He will either look the part of a franchise QB, or he wont, regardless of his stats.

exactly. thank you. Even w/no SB appearances, you making the same point -- and being much more less of an a$$ than I am. Gato simply is not willing to acknowledge that narrative.

I'm sorry.. Stressed about this situation and life. 

I love you all. 

Archived