John Elway

HawkeyeJet

13 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I'm not making this up.  Mehta reported that Mac instructed his people not to stack the board on draft night:

I mean, I know it doesn't fit with your narrative, so it'll be hard for you to accept, but facts are facts - they weren't taking anyone but a QB at 3, regardless of how the first 2 picks went. 

Oh if Mehta reported it ?. So Mac left the board down. Who needs a board at 3 ?? with zero second round picks lol.did he actually have to write darnold’s Name on a chalkboard at #1? Did he not know Barkley and Chubb were clearly the BPA on their respective sides of the ball? Mac had to lean qb. But the guy lives and dies by the “BPA” compared to other gms and it’s not even close. Maybe that’s why he didn’t want to write a board. The scout in him was having strong difficulty writing names ahead of Barkley and Chubb.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I doubt that. I think Rosen wasn’t even a possibility. He acted like a complete spoiled brat draft night, don’t think Johnsons would sign off on guy like that. Especially after the hat. Darnold is a great kid. Allen is racist dumbass. I think Mac only had two qbs on his 1st round board. He would trade back or go back to his strong belief of BPA and pick the overall best player on D or O if darnold and mayfield were gone. That would be the safe pick, and get him imediate wins next yr

We'll have to agree to disagree. He would have looked like an idiot trading up then trading back down with still no FQB.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:45 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

Passed up 2 1sts and a 2nd to take Bradley Chubb. I anticipate I'll be iin the minority, but I think he's the most overrated Exec in the NFL.

I tried to paste the PFT article, but apparently I'm not smart enough to figure that out.

Not in minority with me. If P Manning chooses any other team Broncos wouldn’t have done jack. Manning essentially made Elway look better that he actually is. 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. He would have looked like an idiot trading up then trading back down with still no FQB.

No arguement there ha. I don’t think he would have traded down. But if he was offered a good degree more than what he gave to colts wouldn’t he be hailed as boy genius ? I’m not saying I’m 100% right here. I am just not sold jets were sold on 3 qbs. The Allen comments came out that nyc would have a tough time accepting , Rosen appears like a major douche the Johnsons would never sign off on. Hat or no hat ha. He is too injury prone to stand behind a team who doesn’t value a strong Oline.

Bridgewater reporting to be healthy also could have lower the desperation level to draft a qb a bit.

Maybe Mac goes to Rudolph in the 3rd.

There was a about a 90% chance mayfield or darnold would fall to jets. But in that rare chance knowing how much Mac values the BPA a ton more then the rest of us, he would brag he took the very best player in the draft, in a position of need for us ( edge rusher or rb) . He and Bowles are not guys who buckles to fan pressure. Remember how much we were screaming for them to play hackenberg end of the year ? 

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Oh if Mehta reported it ?. So Mac left the board down. Who needs a board at 3 ?? with zero second round picks lol.did he actually have to write darnold’s Name on a chalkboard at #1? Did he not know Barkley and Chubb were clearly the BPA on their respective sides of the ball? Mac had to lean qb. But the guy lives and dies by the “BPA” compared to other gms and it’s not even close. Maybe that’s why he didn’t want to write a board. The scout in him was having strong difficulty writing names ahead of Barkley and Chubb.

You could have saved a lot of characters by just typing "but I hate him".

5 hours ago, Stark said:

Not in minority with me. If P Manning chooses any other team Broncos wouldn’t have done jack. Manning essentially made Elway look better that he actually is. 

Year they won super bowl was Manning’s worst stat yr of his career. He was benched for a few games he was playing so bad. Broncos had #1 defense and a top running game. 

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Year they won super bowl was Manning’s worst stat yr of his career. He was benched for a few games he was playing so bad. Broncos had #1 defense and a top running game. 

True. That 1 season. But manning was the key to that team build. If he didn’t go there there’s no telling who they drafted and sign. Would have been a complete different team

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

True. That 1 season. But manning was the key to that team build. If he didn’t go there there’s no telling who they drafted and sign. Would have been a complete different team

Ha I know. I’m just saying He had much better years with them when they didn’t win the super bowl. Von Miller was a beast back that tr in playoffs. He was super bowl mvp after two huge forced fumbles. One that the D scored a td, other led to a td drive. Manning was a great field general, even his last yr when he could barely throw 15 yards ha

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, BigRy56 said:

Franchise QBs cover up everything. Peyton Manning makes everybody around him look like a genius. With a healthy Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano was a good coach.

Now that Elway has no QB, he sucks.

he won a SB when Brock Osweiler was his best QB and peyton Manning was awful.  He literally got nothing out of Peyton on that run to the 2015 title. after that season they lost some key pieces on the D that carried them to that title and they weren't quite as hungry.    No QBs and no dominant D makes it hard to win.

elway walked into a good situation, Den had a lot of talent, they just lacked a QB. he signed Peyton who had some great years and built up the D around him and by the time Peyton was done the D was able to carry him to a championship.  in the last few years he has struggled bringing in talent but pairing Chubb w/ Miller?  That's a tough duo that can dominate games and keep them in games and now he has his best QB  since Peyton of 2013 or 14(by late 2014 Peyton was done, never to recover). Denver has a chance to be good this year.

Archived