5 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Just for more reference too:

Jets WRs in 2009 (Sanchez)

Jericho Cotchery

Braylon Edwards

Jets WR 2013 (Geno)

Jeremy Kerley

Santonio Holmes

And also I know it's a point of contention regarding how good or bad the 2018 Jets OL is... But both Geno and Sanchez had D'Brickashaw and Mangold in front of them. There's no doubt in my mind that helped them a lot early on. 

Holmes missed the whole middle of the season when Geno was the QB, and a shell of his former self. Geno had the least weapons of any of the QBs, by a pretty signifcant margin. The Jets top receivers that year were Kerley (a #3 WR at best), David Nelson, and Stephen Hill. 

Sanchez was a goofy kid with zero maturity and couldn't be the center of things under pressure.

Geno was emotionally and mentally fragile and crumbled whenever things went bad for him. He did it in College, did it at the draft, did it as a pro, and it cost him his career. 

Darnold is younger than both were, and is already leaps and bounds advanced beyond them. 

The rest of these "weapons" and oline comparisons are just nonsense. 

For the first time this year, I felt comfortable watching Sam play yesterday. He looked like he took his first step forward in his development process. He threw some beautiful balls to Robbie and my man Pryor (LOL). The game plan was great. Bates made sure Sam got everyone involved in the passing game, and we ran the ball incredibly well. The only nit I can pick about Sam yesterday is that he never looked comfortable throwing those short swing passes to a back. He was throwing them hard and flat, as opposed to floating them over a lineman. Not a hard fix, I'm sure he has the necessary touch for that throw, it just wasn't there yesterday for some reason. All in all though, great game for Sam and the offense. It was nice to see.

Archived