It starts with talent

LionelRichie

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Coming into this season healthy we had decent offensive talent.  When the injuries started piling up we didn't have enough depth but who expects best rb, top 4 WRs to get hurt?

Even without the injuries the talent wasn’t very good.   Certainly not top 20 in the league.  

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Go through all 32 teams and show me the teams with worse offensive talent than the Jets.  And don’t use your over-inflated values you place on Jet players, be realistic and go through the other teams rosters.  

You'll probably think this is a cop out. I can't answer that question. We have a rookie QB, learning on the job behind, what i believe to be now is a putrid offensive line. I believe Anderson and enunwa are quality weapons that can help us put points on the board. I agree with you that we need a #1 guy who can run the entire route tree. Crowell is a good back. He can't make something out of nothing like a Barry Sanders, but behind a good o-line he's far more than serviceable. I like Mcguire and Herndon. They have the capabilities to be real good players. The point being, finally,is that our o-line is so bad that it's hard to get a feel on any of our skill players. Especially with a rookie QB.With regards to Anderson. He made a huge leap from his 1st year to his second. In the right offense, with the right coaching, i think he could make another step foward,, Running more routes than what the Jets have him doing

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Even without the injuries the talent wasn’t very good.   Certainly not top 20 in the league.  

I disagree, we have top 10 talent on D and top 20ish on O when healthy.  If we had a good coach we'd have at least 2-3 more wins and the season wouldn't be over. 

There's a lot of work to do to continue to building this roster and macc may not be the man for the job but the biggest problem is the head coach

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe he wanted to give up the 4th and $11M to keep him in 2015.  I mean the guy did have almost 250 yards from scrimmage and a TD since then!

5-5 is exactly 1 game from bad.  It is just as far from "good."

We can argue semantics all day, but the fact remains that Bowles makes a bad roster worse. If another coach could squeeze out a few more wins, that is on Bowles, not Macc. This is a completely separate argument from Macc not drafting well. 

Archived