ESPN-NYJ 73% chance at Top 5 pick?

GreenWhite

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The best OT in the draft is rated as a Middle first round pick.  There’s no Brick in this draft

Guy on CBSSports has the Alabama tackle as his #2 overall prospect.  If he isn't there, the trade back.  There is no franchise cornerstone tackle hitting free agency, unless Joe Thomas puts back on 70lbs of juice weight and unretires.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2018 at 7:08 PM, GreenWhite said:

If that happens do you try to trade down or draft a stud OL or pass rusher?

I wouldn't mind entertaining drafting down. Actually, I would definitely entertain it, and here's why. 

We do not need to draft a Passer rusher or a Corner or anything on defense. 

Our hands down #1 need is to protect Sam Darnold. We need to draft Olinemen. We dont have a 2nd round pick. If we trade down we can probably get a pick between 11-15 while picking up a 2nd round pick and some more picks. 

Oline and wide receiver are HEAVY on my list, with Oline being top priority. Everything else is irrelevant right now until those positions are addressed. 

We have only 1 top 50 pick next year. Trading down would give us two, maybe three....defintely 3 in the top 70. 

We need to be looking at Washington St. and their Oline. They've been playing like GROWN MEN, protecting Gardner Minshew. 

BUT.....the reality though, that top 5 pick is probably going defense. Why even draft a QB right???? lol. 

Archived