Seahawks | Another contract offer to Alexander; still no dea

Smizzy

Is Tee Martin better than Peyton manning? Is that what your saying?

So now you need a Super bowl ring to be great?

Dan Marino...Trent Dilfer...Argument over.

Was Priest Holmes overrated?

Is Tee better than Peyton? Not in the least, but that wasn't my point. My point was that Peyton is a loser. That someone who isn't as good as him, with all his talent, he couldn't get it done, when someone not as good as him could. Tee Martin is a better leader than Peyton.

And, as for the ring being the end all, be all... it's not. It helps, but it's not everything. And, for the arguement, using Dilfer or Marino.. it's bunk. How so? Marino actually made it to a Super Bowl. Manning won't ever.

Was Priest overrated? Hmm... well, lets see... he has the top offensive line in the league, his back up comes in and does the same thing he did... so he'd have to be a bit over exaggerated, yes? He's a good back, but he's not elite.

The word elite is over used, in this day and age. Think Barry Sanders. Think the best of the best. There's, maybe, one back who fits in that category, right now, and that'd be LT. Like him or not, Tom Brady also fits the elite label. How so? Not only does he put up good-great numbers, he also wins.

Besides, it's not all about fantasy football.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Tee better than Peyton? Not in the least, but that wasn't my point. My point was that Peyton is a loser. That someone who isn't as good as him, with all his talent, he couldn't get it done, when someone not as good as him could. Tee Martin is a better leader than Peyton.

And, as for the ring being the end all, be all... it's not. It helps, but it's not everything. And, for the arguement, using Dilfer or Marino.. it's bunk. How so? Marino actually made it to a Super Bowl. Manning won't ever.

Was Priest overrated? Hmm... well, lets see... he has the top offensive line in the league, his back up comes in and does the same thing he did... so he'd have to be a bit over exaggerated, yes? He's a good back, but he's not elite.

The word elite is over used, in this day and age. Think Barry Sanders. Think the best of the best. There's, maybe, one back who fits in that category, right now, and that'd be LT. Like him or not, Tom Brady also fits the elite label. How so? Not only does he put up good-great numbers, he also wins.

Besides, it's not all about fantasy football.

So your making your opinion FACT now? Is that how this works?

Name 5 Rb's you rather have than Shaun Alexander

Win games they are suppose to win?

The Steelers were a 6 point dog to the Bengals and a 9.5 dog to the Colts.

How are you "suppose to win" games when you are clearly the underdog?

Like that Super Bowl... come on, how hard was it to out coach Barry Switzer? Various championship games when you're the favorite.

But, then again, it's all opinion.

So your making your opinion FACT now? Is that how this works?

Name 5 Rb's you rather have than Shaun Alexander

Hello Pot, meet the Kettle.

You're trying to pass off your opinion that Alexander and Manning aren't overrated as fact, as well. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Smizzy [-X

Ladainan Tomlinson, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn.

Hey, you asked. I like a lil versatility with my running backs. And, it's my opinion.

You're trying to pass off your opinion that Alexander and Manning aren't overrated as fact, as well. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Smizzy [-X

Hey, you asked. I like a lil versatility with my running backs. And, it's my opinion.

Shaun Alexander is over-rated because of his offensive line, but Larry Johnson isn't?

Big Ten bias, much? Hypocrite.

Peyton Manning & Shaun Alexander won the last 2 MVPs. That is a fact,not my opinion.

Alexander lead the league in rushing this yr and lost by how many yds last yr? How many Td's did he score this season? How many did Peyton throw for last season? NFL RECORDS,FACT.

They are rated high because they deserve to be.

Larry Johnson is running behind the same line Holmes did but He is elite and Holmes is overrated? how does that work?

1. LaDanian Tomlinson

2. Shaun Alexander

3. Tiki Barber

4. Clinton Portis

5. Larry Johnson /Edge

Peyton Manning & Shaun Alexander won the last 2 MVPs. That is a fact,not my opinion.

Alexander lead the league in rushing this yr and lost by how many yds last yr? How many Td's did he score this season? How many did Peyton throw for last season? NFL RECORDS,FACT.

They are rated high because they deserve to be.

Larry Johnson is running behind the same line Holmes did but He is elite and Holmes is overrated? how does that work?

1. LaDanian Tomlinson

2. Shaun Alexander

3. Tiki Barber

4. Clinton Portis

5. Larry Johnson /Edge

Hmmm... I never said he was elite. You asked me what five backs I like better.

And, the MVP is... like, a regular season accomplishment. It means nothing, in the long run. Face it, anyone can be great for one season. And yes, it is your opinion that they're great. I think they're overrated. That simple.

And Troll... I wasn't think about college when I ranked LJ and SA. Besides, you missed the joke I left for you, so go rip on that. And, had LJ started from day one, he would have hadmore yards rushing (1924, using SA's rushing attempts) than SA. So, it's not a bias.

And, the MVP is... like, a regular season accomplishment. It means nothing, in the long run. Face it, anyone can be great for one season. And yes, it is your opinion that they're great. I think they're overrated. That simple.

That is your opinion,which is in the minority. The stats say they're elite. They don't have opinions.

That is your opinion,which is in the minority. The stats say they're elite. They don't have opinions.

The stats say that they had a great season. They don't say they're elite.

Man... elite standards sure have gone down. Honeslty, you'd put Shaun Alexander up there with Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and the all time greats?

The stats say that they had a great season. They don't say they're elite.

Man... elite standards sure have gone down. Honeslty, you'd put Shaun Alexander up there with Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and the all time greats?

What are you talking about? Nobody even mentioned the great RB's of all time. ELite....HEAD & SHOULDERS better than the rest in the league. Who said all time?

All time...No particular order

Jim Brown

Barry Sanders

Gale Sayers

Walter Payton

Emmit Smith

Earl Campbell

Oj Simpson

Marcus Allen

What are you talking about? Nobody even mentioned the great RB's of all time. ELite....HEAD & SHOULDERS better than the rest in the league. Who said all time?

All time...No particular order

Jim Brown

Barry Sanders

Gale Sayers

Walter Payton

Emmit Smith

Earl Campbell

Oj Simpson

Marcus Allen

And you lack reading comprehension. I've been saying it from the start. Elite = All time greats. And, like I said, the only running back that even makes it close is LT, and he's not a shoe in. The term elite is used to lightly.

Them the facts, jack.

And you lack reading comprehension. I've been saying it from the start. Elite = All time greats. And, like I said, the only running back that even makes it close is LT, and he's not a shoe in. The term elite is used to lightly.

Them the facts, jack.

This post is comical.

Elite isn't something you get after one or two seasons. So... it's not the definition, it's the criteria. Get your facts right :wink:

I agree.

You should only use the term "elite" for guys that, say, have scored 15+ touchdowns for five straight years.

This thread is hilarious.

Warrick Dunn > Shaun Alexander? That might be the dumbest thing I have read since "Carlos Guillen > Derek Jeter"

Alexander is an elite back. His Oline is also very good, but so is he. 1 hand washes the other. They both make the others look better than they are, moreso the Oline with Alexander, but he is still a really good player.

But I wouldnt touch him in free agency. He is getting old. And has taken a beating the past 3 years.

So now we Sh#t on quality players who aren't on the Jets?

Shaun Alexander is overrated?

Peyton Manning is overrated?

Get a clue guys. Both of these players are the definition of a franchise player. A guy you can carry his team when need be.

Peyton Manning is a GREAT QB. TOPS in the league and the best Ive ever seen.

Yea...The Patriots dynasty has nothing to do with him not getting a ring yet.

John Elway anybody?

As far as Alexander being overrated. I have to laugh.

Is it any wonder why other teams fans come here and call us delusional?

Read this again and tell me how you out-debated me?

Archived