Brandon Graham as a 4-3 DL placeholder?

Scott Dierking

Could do worse.

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski doesn't expect the Eagles to re-sign impending free agent DE Brandon Graham.

Graham turns 31 in April and very well could be looking at his final payday in the league. Kempski doesn't believe the Eagles will be able to offer him the most money, leading to Graham walking as a free agent. Graham is a hero in Philly after his strip-sack in last year's Super Bowl win, but the Eagles have depth at the position with Derek Barnett, Michael Bennett, Chris Long, and 2018 fourth-rounder Josh Sweat. Graham was Pro Football Focus' No. 6-ranked 4-3 end in 2018.

Source: Philly Voice

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Could do worse.

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski doesn't expect the Eagles to re-sign impending free agent DE Brandon Graham.

Graham turns 31 in April and very well could be looking at his final payday in the league. Kempski doesn't believe the Eagles will be able to offer him the most money, leading to Graham walking as a free agent. Graham is a hero in Philly after his strip-sack in last year's Super Bowl win, but the Eagles have depth at the position with Derek Barnett, Michael Bennett, Chris Long, and 2018 fourth-rounder Josh Sweat. Graham was Pro Football Focus' No. 6-ranked 4-3 end in 2018.

Source: Philly Voice

This is who I realistically want. All the other rushers will be resigned. He’s 31 but I’ve always liked him and he will most likely ACTUALLY hit the market. I’ve been targeting him as an actual short term option that will shake free. 

Sure younger is ideal but I don’t think it’s realistic to expect many younger players to be available and not resigned by their current team. We could use solid veteran/super bowl winning experience in the lockeroom too. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is who I realistically want. All the other rushers will be resigned. He’s 31 but I’ve always liked him and he will most likely ACTUALLY hit the market. I’ve been targeting him as an actual short term option that will shake free. 

Sure younger is ideal but I don’t think it’s realistic to expect many younger players to be available and not resigned by their current team. We could use solid veteran/super bowl winning experience in the lockeroom too. 

He hustles all out on every play. Of course, it needs to come down to contract.

BUT, if you can do a smart deal here, it gives flexibility in how you approach the draft.

Archived