Draft Speculation, Hopes, & Dreams (MERGED)

BettyBoop

On 4/23/2019 at 7:24 AM, Jetster said:

It depends on what happens at 3. Say Q.Williams is there, and you love the guy & his potential, you draft him & then you trade Leo for a #2 and you use that pick on the best offensive weapon available, whether it's a WR, TE or even an Olineman.

We have to start adding balance to both sides of the roster. That move alone improves the defense (Leo is OK) but QW would be way cheaper, we'd have 14.5 million more dollars to shop for bargains after the draft & we'd still have our 2 third rounders! Center in the 3rd? Fant or DK Metcalf with the 2nd? 

Imagine a Q.Williams, Fant, Jenkins, Jalen Hurd draft?

I wouldn’t be against this ONLY if Macc trades Leo before picking which is highly unlikely. Macc finally made some moves to get rid of some bad FA choices in Long and the azz wipe RB. Perhaps he can continue to move average players out like Leo, Lee, Anderson, Winters, or nearly more than 3/4 of this lousy roster. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/23/2019 at 3:25 AM, NYJ1 said:

I would trade back. I would have a very good scouting dept. Backing me up. I would then find all of those steals in the mid rounds and make this team a contender again.

said all the GMs.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think gase saying the offensive line is a 'work in progress' a bit ago, and also saying that shell isn't close to returning to the field, is an indication they're going to draft a RT high in the draft who can start day 1.  my prediction, if they trade back, is that they draft a RT on day 1.

For Macc that would be like ordering a Big Mac without special sauce. I can see Crusher, the boards culinary expert, banging on the table.

EB568630-762E-4EBB-87A5-B0865B687D75.jpeg

I have neither hopes nor dreams.  I control nothing, and I no longer choose to invest emotionally in player personnel decisions (or other things I cannot control). 

What will be, will be.

I have preferences, mildly at this point, that we trade down and accumulate picks and focus those draft capital on offense. 

Specifically the O-line, TE and WR. 

I believe any successful future for the NY Jets revolves around building an elite Offense around Sam Darnold.  I do not believe Defense will help us win a Super Bowl in the modern NFL.

But if we draft defense at #3, so be it.  We'll have to hope they are elite and help us win.

Archived