Joe Namath Only the timing of Mike Maccagnan firing surprised me

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny on one hand he gets no credit for turning $635 investment from a bottom of the league team revenue and value into a top two or four 5bil team, the other side of our mouths we should worry that he cost himself revenue.  LOL, really?  

Shockingly the teams value didn't go down because he reduced ticket prices.  Oh wait, improving the roster increases value.  

Dumb ass owner. 

atte.jpg

Jets lead the AFC and are #2 in the NFL in attendance, our best performance since MetLife Stadium was built.

And we were 5-11.  CEO Johnson doing his job from a fan perspective.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

atte.jpg

Jets lead the AFC and are #2 in the NFL in attendance, our best performance since MetLife Stadium was built.

And we were 5-11.  CEO Johnson doing his job from a fan perspective.

SAR I

But, but, but we're the armpit of the league.

The red headed stepchild of the Giants.  

How can this be.  And a top valued team?  

Fo is made up of morons who know NOTHING about business.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

But, but, but we're the armpit of the league.

The red headed stepchild of the Giants.  

How can this be.  And a top valued team?  

Fo is made up of morons who know NOTHING about business.  

Let us weep together.  My God is this team going backwards.  Le'Veon Bell?  CJ Mosely?  Jamal Adams?  Sam Darnold?  Where's our rookie head coach?  Where's our rookie defensive coordinator?  Where's our sleepwalking draft a bum with two bad knees from Rutgers GM?

The SOJ Look At Me I'm A Victim Society is in serious trouble.  Before you know it we'll be 12-4 and they won't know what to do with themselves when no one responds to their woebegotten whining because we're too busy deciding which division champions caps to buy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let us weep together.  My God is this team going backwards.  Le'Veon Bell?  CJ Mosely?  Jamal Adams?  Sam Darnold?  Where's our rookie head coach?  Where's our rookie defensive coordinator?  Where's our sleepwalking draft a bum with two bad knees from Rutgers GM?

The SOJ Look At Me I'm A Victim Society is in serious trouble.  Before you know it we'll be 12-4 and they won't know what to do with themselves when no one responds to their woebegotten whining because we're too busy deciding which division champions caps to buy.

SAR I

I can't wait to win a SB, come here and hear someone whine about our backup C

On 5/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like that Namath cares that much and is outspoken about the team.  He's generally very optimistic as well.  I think he'll be as happy as any long-suffering Jet fan if we win again.

Quoting myself here to post an interview at halftime of the 1998 AFC CG interview (Jets were up 3-0 on the Broncos).  Check out how excited Namath is here.  I really want this franchise to win one for him (for all of us too, of course) while he still can appreciate it.  I think he's the #1 Jet fan of all time.

Start watching at 1:39:34 if my link doesn't already start you there.  (Though the quote starting at 1:40:42 is a must-watch.)