Breer, Interviews Start This Week

KRL

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I get that. There's obviously no way to prove it but I have a funny feeling that the league asked them to hold off for a bit to avoid the optics of straight up poaching another team's exec without a typical interview process. I doubt they want it to look like they have been having backdoor conversations with Douglas and came to an agreement before Mac even received his papers. That could also just be complete wishful thinking and naivete on my part though. 

or part of this process could be chris johnson demonstrating to the fans, media and rest of the nfl that the new york jets is now a desirable place for aspiring gms.  the more reputable candidates line up for interviews the more impressive it projects outward.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I like that they don't seem to be predetermined to Douglas and aren't just going through the motions. Yes, he may be the front-runner as of now but let him earn it. If someone else completely annihilates him in the interview process, tough decisions will have to be made. 

It's possible they don't seem to be predetermined to Douglas because he may have turned down the interview.

I hope not, but not happy with the silence on him

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

It's possible they don't seem to be predetermined to Douglas because he may have turned down the interview.

I hope not, but not happy with the silence on him

If that was the case, it would have been all over the place with the love that the media have for the Jets.

44 minutes ago, section314 said:

If that was the case, it would have been all over the place with the love that the media have for the Jets.

If it were a text from Douglas to Gase, how would it be all over the place?  Hope Douglas is the guy, but as we know, the Johnson's are PR, and attention whores.  The team, and CJ, desperately need some good PR right now.  Lets face it Douglas taking the interview would be good news.  IMO if he had accepted it would have been splashed by the Jets.

We'll see how it all comes out, but the silence, and the new expansion to the NO guy worries me.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:54 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

So, the more or less "confirmed" plausible candidates are:

1. Joe Douglas - Eagles (purported "favorite")
  2. Scott Fitterer - Seahawks (inteview set up)
  3. Champ Kelly - Bears (inteview set up)
  4. George Paton - Vikings (requested an interview)

Random, probably ridiculous "rumored" candidates are:

1. Peyton Manning
  2. Peter Schrager (Manish Metha special)
  3. Daniel Jeremiah 

Also, added today is below for a request to interview:

Saints director of pro scouting Terry Fontenot

• Upvote 1