IE version 7.0

TaborJet

I don't know what is the browser of choice out there, but Internet Explorer 7.0 beta is available. It's pretty slick, and it borrows some ideas from other browsers like tabbed browsing. It also adds icons automatically for bookmarks. Funny, there is no icon for JetNation yet. Max?

:Typotux:

Wow. This post has been here for over an hour without the Mac evangelists crying that the world will end if you use IE.

I resisted IE for years, before getting tired of Netscape doing things like deleting all my bookmarks for no apparent reason. I've used IE for about three years, now.

I'm stuck with a Mac at work. It came with Safari, which absolutely sucks. I downloaded Firefox to use on that machine. It's mostly ok, but it renders some things wrong.

Thanks for the tip, Tabor. I'll check it out.

Wow. This post has been here for over an hour without the Mac evangelists crying that the world will end if you use IE.

I resisted IE for years, before getting tired of Netscape doing things like deleting all my bookmarks for no apparent reason. I've used IE for about three years, now.

I'm stuck with a Mac at work. It came with Safari, which absolutely sucks. I downloaded Firefox to use on that machine. It's mostly ok, but it renders some things wrong.

BZ is in KC setting up Herms Apple.

Mac, Microsoft - screw that noise - Fedora Core 4. Open source, open standards. Happy now, Bob? LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found out how to uninstall 7.0

Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs like normal

But the key is checking the "show updates' box up top, doing so will display 7.0 Beta 2 towards the bottom where it can be uninstalled.

I like 7.0 a lot but it was preventing me from using my McAfee virus scan at this time

Personally I always browse with Opera. Sometimes I'll use Mozilla (since some websites aren't optimized for Opera) now that they've added downloadable mouse-gestures. Until IE starts using them, navigating with the toolbar buttons is too annoying for me.

It's all about the mouse gestures...

I've never heard of opera before

Archived