words from Le'Veon Bell: show some patience...

RoadFan

Just now, Butterfield said:

What about his past performances make you think this will get better?

A fair question.

And I will answer as best I can with the same reasons I support his hiring.   He is clearly high IQ in my opinion.  He earned the respect of football minds like Ryan Clark, Peyton Manning, Mike Martz, and Nick Saban. 

He has had mostly trash QBs everywhere except once, and the one time he didnt, the guy set records.   Even when Gase had slightly above average play like a  healthy Tannehill or Cutler... he was fairly successful.  He pulled off nice upsets in Miami with dogs like Matt Moore and Osweiler.  

Look, I am not saying he is the next Belichick or Andy Reid.  There are only 4 or 5 really good coaches in the NFL and another 4 or so that are pretty good.  But I believe Gase is smart enough to fit somewhere in that top 8 with Sam Darnold and a little time to fix this mess he inherited.   He doesnt have the personnel to run the scheme he wants yet, which is a fast pace offense.  He ran a slow pace in Miami.   He will have to adjust until he does, but to expect him to do it against 3 of the very best defenses in the league right out of the gate with backups is a stretch.

I liken him to a young Mike Shanahan.  He got dumped by the Raiders... but wound up with the Broncos.  We are going to be the Broncos if we dont Pete Carroll him too soon...

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

A fair question.

And I will answer as best I can with the same reasons I support his hiring.   He is clearly high IQ in my opinion.  He earned the respect of football minds like Ryan Clark, Peyton Manning, Mike Martz, and Nick Saban. 

He has had mostly trash QBs everywhere except once, and the one time he didnt, the guy set records.   Even when Gase had slightly above average play like a  healthy Tannehill or Cutler... he was fairly successful.  He pulled off nice upsets in Miami with dogs like Matt Moore and Osweiler.  

Look, I am not saying he is the next Belichick or Andy Reid.  There are only 4 or 5 really good coaches in the NFL and another 4 or so that are pretty good.  But I believe Gase is smart enough to fit somewhere in that top 8 with Sam Darnold and a little time to fix this mess he inherited.   He doesnt have the personnel to run the scheme he wants yet, which is a fast pace offense.  He ran a slow pace in Miami.   He will have to adjust until he does, but to expect him to do it against 3 of the very best defenses in the league right out of the gate with backups is a stretch.

I liken him to a young Mike Shanahan.  He got dumped by the Raiders... but wound up with the Broncos.  We are going to be the Broncos if we dont Pete Carroll him too soon...

I disagree with everything you just said.