Why is he not a Hc somewhere?

Skeptable

11 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

No argument there, but your talking on two sides of your mouth.  You're saying we're historically bad at hiring OCs, so we should hire one as HC.  

I'm saying you don't  hire a HC that doesn't  know how to develop a QB like Rex and Bowles. You don't  bring in a D guy that has no clue about QB's. You hire a HC like Reid, like McVay. No more of getting a HC and then have clueless Schottenheimer or Bates.as OC 

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm saying you don't  hire a HC that doesn't  know how to develop a QB like Rex and Bowles. You don't  bring in a D guy that has no clue about QB's. You hire a HC like Reid, like McVay. No more of getting a HC and then have clueless Schottenheimer or Bates.as OC 

Schottenheimer is doing pretty well for Seattle.  Did pretty well for us too.  And Reid and McVay aren't available .  Hoping our former OC head coach makes us a believer.  Bar is set pretty high though.  Needs to get us at least to two AFCCG especially with Darnold on board.

3 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Schottenheimer is doing pretty well for Seattle.  Did pretty well for us too.  And Reid and McVay aren't available .  Hoping our former OC head coach makes us a believer.  Bar is set pretty high though.  Needs to get us at least to two AFCCG especially with Darnold on board.

If you think Schottemhimer was a good HC, I don't  know what else to say. Chip Kelly made Sanchez almost look like a legit NFL QB, with Schotty we got the Butt Fumble

8 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

News flash.... not everyone's the same.

No, they're not.  But when you hire a defensive-minded HC 4 straight times and it ends up failing miserably each time, its easy to get a bit jaded and assume we're just not good at finding good OC's to pair with said HC's. 

At the very least, it's not that easy to do.  A lot of the best QB Coaches in this league end up becoming HC's quickly because of the way the game has shifted.  So you're banking on an somewhat untested guy or a retread to be your OC a lot of the time.  

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If you think Schottemhimer was a good HC, I don't  know what else to say. Chip Kelly made Sanchez almost look like a legit NFL QB, with Schotty we got the Butt Fumble

He wasn't a HC, he was our offensive coordinator when we went to 2 AFCCGs.  What have we had since?  And he's done well with Seattle.  

32 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

He wasn't a HC, he was our offensive coordinator when we went to 2 AFCCGs.  What have we had since?  And he's done well with Seattle.  

Honestly,  I could do well with Wilson as my QB. He is playing the position  better than anyone. Chip Kelly was pretty much the OC on the Eagles so the Schotty comparison is fair but hey, if you think we should get a defensive HC and someone like Schotty to be the OC, more power to you.