Why is he not a Hc somewhere?

Skeptable

38 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This guy can lead. You can see why the Browns started winning when he took over and now they struggle... 

I know it's an uncommon opinion but I think this would be a much better team if he was HC and DC and Gase was just the OC. After hearing this press conference along with all the other interviews and presser he has done, I hope the Jets don't lose him, a bit old school, but knows what people need to be motivated. 

We lose a few games with Darnold in and or the kid gets hurt because Gase leaves him in the pocket to get a radical traumatic spleenectomy on television? He will be OUR head coach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Because he is a fraud.  His personality wears on people quickly.  There is a reason he doesn’t keep jobs very long.

That doesn't make him a fraud. His success in fact speaks otherwise. However, I can see people under him wearing thin if they are insecure and soft. I myself would prefer a strong leader who doesn't coddle the people under him and calls it like it is. Once people stop being honest with themselves and those around them that is when you see organizations sink as everyone becomes complacent while patting each other on the back.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

That doesn't make him a fraud. His success in fact speaks otherwise. However, I can see people under him wearing thin if they are insecure and soft. I myself would prefer a strong leader who doesn't coddle the people under him and calls it like it is. Once people stop being honest with themselves and those around them that is when you see organizations sink as everyone becomes complacent while patting each other on the back.

I want Gase gone, there is no question about that but the next HC needs to be a guy that can develop Darnold. I love Williams as a DC or "HC A" but he isn't  a guy that will develop Darnold as evidence with what is happening with Mayfield. He is really floundering this season because he basically had no direction.  He is making rookie mistake, not securing the ball, locking onto his first read, no pocket presence  to speak of. We need a guy that is going g to make sure Darnold develops into a legit pro. 

• Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I want Gase gone, there is no question about that but the next HC needs to be a guy that can develop Darnold. I love Williams as a DC or "HC A" but he isn't  a guy that will develop Darnold as evidence with what is happening with Mayfield. He is really floundering this season because he basically had no direction.  He is making rookie mistake, not securing the ball, locking onto his first read, no pocket presence  to speak of. We need a guy that is going g to make sure Darnold develops into a legit pro. 

So ? He (GW) brings in an OC who can develop Sam. No big deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

GW had his head on straight, now that GW is gone I would argue that is more evidence to the contrary that GW is the reason he preformed better. Now he looks clueless... Gregg Williams with Monken would have been awesome... Gregg Williams HC/DC promote Vitt to DC/ADC and Monken as OC... 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

So ? He (GW) brings in an OC who can develop Sam. No big deal.

Maybe he does, maybe we get someone like the last 10 OC's who have been through here. I don't  want to risk Williams  makes a good or bad choice at the position. I'd rather just get someone who can develop Sam as the HC so we know that guy is in place. I mean do you think Kitchens is doing a good job developing Mayfield? 

18 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Agreed but performed extremely well when given the chance in Cleveland 

Dont get me wrong, I love him as a DC.  Not one of the clueless who cant see what his defenses have done compared to the talent on those teams.  

I think the whole bounty gate fiasco hurt him, at least for a bit of time and now hes approaching that point where he may have to overcome those who want coaches from the offensive side of the ball and who want young.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Because he is a fraud.  His personality wears on people quickly.  There is a reason he doesn’t keep jobs very long.

I’m surprised at the negative reactions to your post. You’re not alone in your opinion. Williams has been a DC for like half a dozen teams. He’s good and I like him but there’s a reason he hasn’t stuck anywhere long term and hasn’t gotten many looks as a HC. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I’m surprised at the negative reactions to your post. You’re not alone in your opinion. Williams has been a DC for like half a dozen teams. He’s good and I like him but there’s a reason he hasn’t stuck anywhere long term and hasn’t gotten many looks as a HC. 

Me too. We're in the early 'honeymoon' stage of his cycle. Those buttfumbling opinions that are skeptical of him now, will be leading the charge to get him canned lol. 

puppet GIF

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

:dohslap:  

That's all I got.

Maybe he does, maybe we get someone like the last 10 OC's who have been through here. I don't  want to risk Williams  makes a good or bad choice at the position. I'd rather just get someone who can develop Sam as the HC so we know that guy is in place. I mean do you think Kitchens is doing a good job developing Mayfield? 

@greenwichjetfan and @Dcat 

I blame the two of you for this, LOL

At least when you two do it, you do it well. The back and forth is fun. 

That doesn't absolve either one of you for the posts of those you've spawned with your evil actions, however. ?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That said, if Washington isnt hell bent on a HC from the O side with Haskins being a priority, I could see them making  push for Williams.

Good call.

Weren't they the team he was talking with last offseason when we were trying to finalize his deal? If I remember correctly, he was negotiating with both the Jets and the Skins for a DC position.

12 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Yea im pretty shocked he's never gotten a fair shot at an HC gig. Love his energy and passion but might rub organizations the wrong way with his ego. 

He did have a fair shot, coaching the Bills to a stellar 17-31 record over the course of 3 years.

• Upvote 2