Did you see Broadway Joe?

Bob

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question - and this is not to disparage Joe Namath - I know he is as sacred to you all as Troy Brown and Tom Brady are to me, so when I do it is to preserve my "messageboard gold" status - but, since it has been reported that each one of the MVP's received some money for their appearance, do you think Joe got some cash from the Jets for that lining show? Or, do you think he just did it on his own. I had heard someplace that he is actually on the Jest payroll as an "embassador" -whatever that is.

You mean Ambassador, right? ;)

I really have no feeling on Joe Namath either, which might shock my fellow Jets fans. I have no real connection to the man, since he played before I was born, and I don't live in the New York Jet area, so to speak. He should be held high, since he did lead this team to their only Super bowl, and he made a name for himself, guaranteeing victory. And, he actually loves the team. So, to say he was paid or not... probably not. He probably did it to draw attention to himself, since he's known as Mr. Jet and he does outrageous stuff to draw attention to himself.

And is he on the payroll as the old guy who is a jets legend, I guess.

You mean Ambassador, right? ;)

I really have no feeling on Joe Namath either, which might shock my fellow Jets fans. I have no real connection to the man, since he played before I was born, and I don't live in the New York Jet area, so to speak. He should be held high, since he did lead this team to their only Super bowl, and he made a name for himself, guaranteeing victory. And, he actually loves the team. So, to say he was paid or not... probably not. He probably did it to draw attention to himself, since he's known as Mr. Jet and he does outrageous stuff to draw attention to himself.

And is he on the payroll as the old guy who is a jets legend, I guess.

I would make a God awful secretary!

Steelers fans HATE the Patriots, and especially Tom Brady, because he always beats them when it counts. Truth be told, I LOVED HEARING THE BOOS.....it was fear I heard. Tom Brady seemed to get a kick out of it too.....and tossed the coin in favor of Seattle - hey, he did his part.

Namath's cheer was hardly "loud" - my guess is they were kind of laughing at him....you know: "I 'wanna kiss you, Suzy...."

That's Jets jacket was pure bush-league too.

How delusional can you get. The only thing that was Bush League was TomBrady on the field to flip the coin.

Men! LOL! You all just can't stand it when a woman is right about a subject that is deemed "male territory." This male bias is not limited to Jets fans either. All men are pig-headed, if it makes you feel any better, Smizz.;)

This is where I'm suposed to make a comment that would be the equal to such wonderful put-downs like: "Be a good secretary and bend over" or, "Hey - go bake me a cake." So, here it goes: "It's okay, performance anxiety is a valid disorder." or "Hey - go mow the lawn."

Men! LOL! You all just can't stand it when a woman is right about a subject that is deemed "male territory." This male bias is not limited to Jets fans either. All men are pig-headed, if it makes you feel any better, Smizz.;)

This is where I'm suposed to make a comment that would be the equal to such wonderful put-downs like: "Be a good secretary and bend over" or, "Hey - go bake me a cake." So, here it goes: "It's okay, performance anxiety is a valid disorder." or "Hey - go mow the lawn."[/quote]

Schick or Gillette?

This is where I'm suposed to make a comment that would be the equal to such wonderful put-downs like: "Be a good secretary and bend over" or, "Hey - go bake me a cake." So, here it goes: "It's okay, performance anxiety is a valid disorder." or "Hey - go mow the lawn."

This has nothing to do with your gender. Im not making " women" jokes. Im making Pats fans jokes. You guys are pathetic.

Carry on....Mom.

This has nothing to do with your gender. Im not making " women" jokes. Im making Pats fans jokes. You guys are pathetic.

Carry on....Mom.

If Pats fans are pathetic - I dare say Jest fans are - well, what is worse than pathetic? Oh yah....stupid. :yahoo:

The "women" stuff was meant for the resident chauvinist and his new buddy, Assmop. Although - could you find a more odd coupling? A Vermont freak and a Carolina Redneck. ;)

If Pats fans are pathetic - I dare say Jest fans are - well, what is worse than pathetic? Oh yah....stupid. :yahoo:

The "women" stuff was meant for the resident chauvinist and his new buddy, Assmop. Although - could you find a more odd coupling? A Vermont freak and a Carolina Redneck. ;)

Come on Garb, now i'm a freak:rolleyes:

I support the woman's right to shave or not to shave their "lawn". It is their god given right and you have no moral obligation to purchase any of Kraft's products.

Let's see. We are loyal fans who haven't won anything in 30+ years. We haven't changed teams or jumped on a bandwagon...MUCH LIKE 85% of these pats fans you call fellow fans. So were clear....Our fans have stayed loyal even though we haven't won ****...Your fans have tripled in #'s since the 1st SB win. ...

Once again...You sit atop your high horse when In fact...You are the horses ass.

Go figure.

Let's see. We are loyal fans who haven't won anything in 30+ years. We haven't changed teams or jumped on a bandwagon...MUCH LIKE 85% of these pats fans you call fellow fans. So were clear....Our fans have stayed loyal even though we haven't won ****...Your fans have tripled in #'s since the 1st SB win. ...

Once again...You sit atop your high horse when In fact...You are the horses ass.

Go figure.

Smiz- you have a future in journalism:Typotux:

good work and you are dead on.

A view from atop my high horse:

...what I find comical is that you say that Pats fans have tripled in numbers since 2001 - but where exactly does that factoid come from? And, you continually claim that Jest fans have superior loyalty - yet the amount of empty seats at Jest games had to be at all time high this year. I know plenty of loyal Pats fan, bud, I'm one of many. I also know a few Jest fans that just enjoy the party and wouldn't know Dennis Byrd from Kevin Mawae. It goes both ways.

Anyway, I suspect that if and/or when the Jets win a SB - there will be an influx of new fans. Just a hunch.

New buddy? ASSMOP and I have know each other for over 20 years. We were lunch buddies when HE was a Redneck and we are both from Long Island/Jersey originally.

That being said, You are form Mass. and have the nerve to make state jokes? Seriously, you want to throw softballs like that?

OK, Jetnation, start the state of Mass. jokes,,,,,,,,,

I will start:

Q.: Whats a Mass. 7 course dinner?

A: A six pack and a baked potato

A view from atop my high horse:

...what I find comical is that you say that Pats fans have tripled in numbers since 2001 - but where exactly does that factoid come from? And, you continually claim that Jest fans have superior loyalty - yet the amount of empty seats at Jest games had to be at all time high this year. I know plenty of loyal Pats fan, bud, I'm one of many. I also know a few Jest fans that just enjoy the party and wouldn't know Dennis Byrd from Kevin Mawae. It goes both ways.

Anyway, I suspect that if and/or when the Jets win a SB - there will be an influx of new fans. Just a hunch.

You always right Garb....We Jets fans are here for you to knock down whenever you please. We have no loyality or no spine...Please,Please continue pissing in our cereal and tell us it's milk.

Factoid? You might like the 90% steelers fans crap you been spewing all day to sugarcoat Tom Brady getting booed? Hilarious.

New buddy? ASSMOP and I have know each other for over 20 years. We were lunch buddies when HE was a Redneck and we are both from Long Island/Jersey originally.

That being said, You are form Mass. and have the nerve to make state jokes? Seriously, you want to throw softballs like that?

OK, Jetnation, start the state of Mass. jokes,,,,,,,,,

I will start:

Q.: Whats a Mass. 7 course dinner?

A: A six pack and a baked potato

Just remember I'm the Duke Fan and he likes "tar Holes", somehow he switched from wolfpack as his kid got a full ride at Chapel hill, seems disloyal to me

My daughter applied to Chapel hill as well and i can guarantee y'all one thing,

i will never switch from Duke to holes

Massachusetts can blow, I agree. It is beautiful, but most of the liberal agenda that gets shoved down my throat absolutely sucks. BTW - My parents are from Italy - so the typical Boston Irish jokes don't work on me. Additionally, I grew up speaking Italian - so the whole Boston Accent (which is much more prevelant in the city and the South Shore) does not really apply.

That said - Thanks for the banter today. It was kind of fun. It is all in fun, afterall.

Have a good nite, all.

Ciao.

Massachusetts can blow, I agree. It is beautiful, but most of the liberal agenda that gets shoved down my throat absolutely sucks. BTW - My parents are from Italy - so the typical Boston Irish jokes don't work on me. Additionally, I grew up speaking Italian - so the whole Boston Accent (which is much more prevelant in the city and the South Shore) does not really apply.

That said - Thanks for the banter today. It was kind of fun. It is all in fun, afterall.

Have a good nite, all.

Ciao.

u 2 garby

Have a good nite, all.

Ciao.

Oh, OK.

Q: Why cant Italians be elevator operators?

A: They cant remember the route

You always right Garb....We Jets fans are here for you to knock down whenever you please. We have no loyality or no spine...Please,Please continue pissing in our cereal and tell us it's milk.

Factoid? You might like the 90% steelers fans crap you been spewing all day to sugarcoat Tom Brady getting booed? Hilarious.

Yah, okay - I'm just spewing everything I have read in papers all around the country regarding the crowd......but since it could possibly explain - in a positive light - why Tom Brady was booed - It has to be wrong!

Good nite, Smizz.

Have a good nite, all.

Ciao.

Garb just reached hero like status with me. You hate the liberal agenda and are Italian. Garb will you marry me? :)

Have a good nite, all.

Ciao.

Now we know why she needs her lawn mowed

BTW - My parents are from Italy - so the typical Boston Irish jokes don't work on me. Additionally, I grew up speaking Italian - so the whole Boston Accent (which is much more prevelant in the city and the South Shore) does not really apply.

Ciao.

That tells it all right there. I have been around Italian women my whole life and the number one thing that I've learned time and time again is that Italian women have NO use for facts, logic, or common sense in arguements. They don't need them, they don't use them, and they still win/think they win every single arguement without them. They never change their mind unless they're obviously wrong. They keep grasping for straws until one fits and can't be disproved.

And Joe Namath has more personality than Tom Brady will ever have, hands down.

And if Brady really held the opportunity with such high regard and honor, he would have done it in a completely unbiased way until he was off the field. You don't see the officials on the field applauding one team or the other in between plays, because they really do hold their jobs in high regard and honor.

Yah, okay - I'm just spewing everything I have read in papers all around the country regarding the crowd......but since it could possibly explain - in a positive light - why Tom Brady was booed - It has to be wrong!

Good nite, Smizz.

Would these be the same papers who wrote about the Pats getting all the calls the last couple yrs? The same paper who told you 90% of the crowd was from pittsburgh? Funny how you pick and choose what you want to read and /or believe.

I also know a few Jest fans that just enjoy the party and wouldn't know Dennis Byrd from Kevin Mawae.

We know her too. Is that the best example you could find? jesus H.Christ.

Archived