Did you see Broadway Joe?

Bob

Jets fans can't be THIS stupid.....you're all playin' right?

Tom Brady doesn't have to be neutral. Was Joe Namath wearing a Jets lining nuetral and classy?

Tom Brady got booed because Pitt fans (and the crowd was 90% Steelers fans-classless Pitt fans, btw) HATE HIM. Why? He owns them.

Wow.....:eek:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Brady doesn't have to be neutral. Was Joe Namath wearing a Jets lining nuetral and classy?

Tom Brady got booed because Pitt fans (and the crowd was 90% Steelers fans-classless Pitt fans, btw) HATE HIM. Why? He owns them.

where did Brady go to College?

Um... it'd be nice to show some non-bias, considering he wasn't in the game, wasn't involved in the game, and really had nothing to do with the game. Just showed how classless he is. But, I do like how you tried to spin it so he didn't look bad. That was nice. I'm sure Tom's sending your check in the mail today.

hahaha Garb is drinking wayyyy too much Brady kool-aid and it appears to be spiked

...I will give SJ his props once someone explains it to me. :)

BTW - Beanpot in Boston tonight. First game is BC versus my Northeastern Huskies. The only hockey I watch. NU should get smacked around like a red-headed step child.

I confess to being a college football retard - so the fact he went to Michigan means what?

BTW - I think there should be a messagebaord rule. Anyone under the age of 21 should be banned. Too much nonesense.

Well, for starters, I am 24, so I wouldn't be banned. Secondly, care to take off your Patriot glasses for this discussion or what? Third, the University of Michigan is less than a half hour away from Ford Field. He was the quarterback for Michigan. That shouldn't get him booed anywhere in this state, save for East Lansing. But, whatever... you're going to see things your boy's way, and you're going to stick up for him... and when you've clearly lost the debate, you'll play the "All Jets fans are delusional!" card. It's your last line of defense, and it's been trumped.

Well, for starters, I am 24, so I wouldn't be banned. Secondly, care to take off your Patriot glasses for this discussion or what? Third, the University of Michigan is less than a half hour away from Ford Field. He was the quarterback for Michigan. That shouldn't get him booed anywhere in this state, save for East Lansing. But, whatever... you're going to see things your boy's way, and you're going to stick up for him... and when you've clearly lost the debate, you'll play the "All Jets fans are delusional!" card. It's your last line of defense, and it's been trumped.

Thank you Stormshadow.

Go Blue,,,

State St. and Franklin St.,

the 2 best college towns and streets in America.

...I will give SJ his props once someone explains it to me. :)

BTW - Beanpot in Boston tonight. First game is BC versus my Northeastern Huskies. The only hockey I watch. NU should get smacked around like a red-headed step child.

Boston College -wish I could see some college hockey here- they have one of the top teams in the nation again this year- ranked third I think last week- as a reminder I know about Boston College sports through my nephew

Thank you Stormshadow.

Go Blue,,,

State St. and Franklin St.,

the 2 best college towns and streets in America.

But the stadium was at least 90% Steelers fans and a sea of those gold terrible towels. The announcers kept talking about what a huge Steelers audience it was and that they outnumbered Seahwaks fans by 10 to 1. Did you watch the same game I did? That argument hold ZERO weight.

As usual, I am right and the rest of you are horribly wrong. Typical Jet fans. Not a last line of defense either, you ballsy GGG loyalist - just stating the facts. Hmmm....notice how the biggest cheer were for the Pitt SB MVP's? I wonder why???? Doh!

But the stadium was at least 90% Steelers fans and a sea of those gold terrible towels. The announcers kept talking about what a huge Steelers audience it was and that they outnumbered Seahwaks fans by 10 to 1. Did you watch the same game I did? That argument hold ZERO weight.

As usual, I am right and the rest of you are horribly wrong. Typical Jet fans.

u r delusional.

must be that time of the ,,,, oh well never mind

I confess to being a college football retard - so the fact he went to Michigan means what?

BTW - I think there should be a messagebaord rule. Anyone under the age of 21 should be banned. Too much nonesense.

same goes for people over 50....bye bye Garb

Delusional? Did you watch and hear the same game I did? Anyone that denies that it was an over-whelming Pitt crowd is either playing devils advocate or is deaf and blind - since you have such lovely avatars, I'm going with the Devil's angle. ;)

All I said is that I found it to be the best part of the game. I actually laughed when they started booing him. Stop being a :baby: .

He didn't get booed only b/c Pitt fans hate him. He also got booed b/c he's had his day in the spotlight. He was trying to promote himself even more when there was no reason for him to be there. It was a selfish, gawdy act.

With all due respect Garby, there is no way in hell that Pitt fans procured 90% of the tickets, not possible!!!!!

it was 90-10 steeler fans as far as local fans with outfits etc,,, ,,, but local fans accounted for 50% of tickets,,there were 50% tickets for nuetral and corprorate fans,,,

It has been one of the story lines leading up to the game.....how Pitt fans out-numbered the Seahawk fans by an overwhelming amount. I mean, did that look like a nuetral crowd to you??? How many "nuetral" fans scapled their ticket, you think? - especially since it was snowing there yesterday?? C'mon, boys.

Interestingly, the same sentiment is being written today. For example, from today's ESPN:

It was that kind of evening for the Seahawks, who represent a town where residents know all too well that when it rains, it pours. If having what seemed like 90 percent of the 68,200 in attendance waving Terrible Towels wasn't enough to make Seattle feel as though it was playing on the road, the officials called it as though the Seahawks actually were.

One thing about Pitt fans - they are loyal, they travel well and they are everywhere.

As usual, I am right and the rest of you are horribly wrong. Typical Jet fans. Not a last line of defense either, you ballsy GGG loyalist - just stating the facts. Hmmm....notice how the biggest cheer were for the Pitt SB MVP's? I wonder why???? Doh!

You're right... in your own damned mind. Any excuse, eh?

90% Steeler fans? Heh.. that's kind of funny, considering more than 50% of the tickets are for the NFL to give out. The two teams in the Super Bowl get around 40% total. The Lions only got 7% of the tickets.

If you want to blame the fans, then blame the Seattle fans for not showing up. They had the same chance as the Steelers did. Yeah, Pittsburgh is closer, but not all the fans of the Steelers got into the game. Alot of them weren't anywhere near Ford Field.

Obviously, you don't get it, since you don't live here. I do live near Detroit. And I don't have a bias against the city like my friend does... so I can tell it like it is. Michigan QB is one of the most famous positions in Michigan. There's no reason why he should have been booed, other than the fact that he's overexposed. I get the fact that you're taking up for your boy. I get it. It doesn't mean you're right, however. In this case, you're clearly not.

Of course they Steeler MVP's got louder cheers, as there were more Steeler fans in attendance, but the stadium wasn't 90% Steeler fan. Don't mistake Steeler fan for bandwagon fan. And, bandwagon fans, while they'd cheer for the team they hopped on the wagon for, they wouldn't boo other teams. Face it... the Pats are unpopular. They're overexposed. They've become the Dallas Cowboys. No one likes them, save for the New England area. Besides that, you're becoming what you hate. I should just call you Yankee fan.

It has been one of the story lines leading up to the game.....how Pitt fans out-numbered the Seahawk fans by an overwhelming amount. I mean, did that look like a nuetral crowd to you??? How many "nuetral" fans scapled their ticket, you think? - especially since it was snowing there yesterday?? C'mon, boys.

Interestingly, the same sentiment is being written today. For example, from today's ESPN:

It was that kind of evening for the Seahawks, who represent a town where residents know all too well that when it rains, it pours. If having what seemed like 90 percent of the 68,200 in attendance waving Terrible Towels wasn't enough to make Seattle feel as though it was playing on the road, the officials called it as though the Seahawks actually were.

One thing about Pitt fans - they are loyal, they travel well and they are everywhere.

seemed like 90%, SEEMED,,again reality is 50% of tickets are corporate bound by NFL

All I said is that I found it to be the best part of the game. I actually laughed when they started booing him. Stop being a :baby: .

He didn't get booed only b/c Pitt fans hate him. He also got booed b/c he's had his day in the spotlight. He was trying to promote himself even more when there was no reason for him to be there. It was a selfish, gawdy act.

He was there because he thought it was an honor to be asked.....Bradshaw and Montana were asked ahead of him, but they wanted a $10,000 appearance fee...the NFL balked and Tommy boy did it for the honor, not the money. Mr. Mortensen is validing this story that broke out on the Mike and Mike show....

You're right... in your own damned mind. Any excuse, eh?

90% Steeler fans? Heh.. that's kind of funny, considering more than 50% of the tickets are for the NFL to give out. The two teams in the Super Bowl get around 40% total. The Lions only got 7% of the tickets.

If you want to blame the fans, then blame the Seattle fans for not showing up. They had the same chance as the Steelers did. Yeah, Pittsburgh is closer, but not all the fans of the Steelers got into the game. Alot of them weren't anywhere near Ford Field.

Obviously, you don't get it, since you don't live here. I do live near Detroit. And I don't have a bias against the city like my friend does... so I can tell it like it is. Michigan QB is one of the most famous positions in Michigan. There's no reason why he should have been booed, other than the fact that he's overexposed. I get the fact that you're taking up for your boy. I get it. It doesn't mean you're right, however. In this case, you're clearly not.

Of course they Steeler MVP's got louder cheers, as there were more Steeler fans in attendance, but the stadium wasn't 90% Steeler fan. Don't mistake Steeler fan for bandwagon fan. And, bandwagon fans, while they'd cheer for the team they hopped on the wagon for, they wouldn't boo other teams. Face it... the Pats are unpopular. They're overexposed. They've become the Dallas Cowboys. No one likes them, save for the New England area. Besides that, you're becoming what you hate. I should just call you Yankee fan.

Face it, a Jets fan being realistic and unbiased is a nice idea.....but it will never happen.

It "SEEMED" like 90%.....could mean that it was 60% die-hard Pitt fans who were tremendously loyder and more passionate than the Seattle fans....and the nuetral fans. Whatever - it WAS a deceidedly PRO STEELERS crowd. How can any of you deny this?

Face it, a Jets fan being realistic and unbiased is a nice idea.....but it will never happen.

It "SEEMED" like 90%.....could mean that it was 60% die-hard Pitt fans who were tremendously loyder and more passionate than the Seattle fans....and the nuetral fans. Whatever - it WAS a deceidedly PRO STEELERS crowd. How can any of you deny this?

I don't recall anyone denying it. My counter point was that the people who adopted the Steelers for the week wouldn't have the vested intrest to boo who the Steelers rivals are. Like I said, you aren't here. You don't get how it was here. Detroit adopted the Steelers. And, trust me, no one did their research to find out who all the Steelers are rivals with, currently. So yeah, it was a pro Steelers crowd, but their intrestes were only skin deep. They just wanted to root for the Steelers, not boo anyone. Your boy got booed because no one likes him, outside of the Boston area.

Oh, and he did the coin toss like a 5 year old girl.

I loved seeing Joe Willie at the SB being what he is, Mr. JET! I have seen guys ridiculing him and it really is sickening to see. He is and always will be MR. JET! Perfect? No, but who is? The guy shows JETS colors on national TV in front of a vast audience and all some fans BS about is him being drunk and making a pass at Suzy! He has gone to rehab. That is over and done with. Long live Mr. JET, Joe Willie Namath!

He was there because he thought it was an honor to be asked.....Bradshaw and Montana were asked ahead of him, but they wanted a $10,000 appearance fee...the NFL balked and Tommy boy did it for the honor, not the money. Mr. Mortensen is validing this story that broke out on the Mike and Mike show....

:dohslap:

Ahhhhh, he did it for the honor. Yes, yes, I see.:bs:

"I am Glam Smug Boy. All look upon me and honor me."

Hey chowda head;

no one really has a problem with him being there.

but u dont have to delve into the bowels of your imagination to come up with excuses when he gets booed.

not everyone is patriot enamored,,,

America's Team they aint, never were, never will be

I don't recall anyone denying it. My counter point was that the people who adopted the Steelers for the week wouldn't have the vested intrest to boo who the Steelers rivals are. Like I said, you aren't here. You don't get how it was here. Detroit adopted the Steelers. And, trust me, no one did their research to find out who all the Steelers are rivals with, currently. So yeah, it was a pro Steelers crowd, but their intrestes were only skin deep. They just wanted to root for the Steelers, not boo anyone. Your boy got booed because no one likes him, outside of the Boston area.

Oh, and he did the coin toss like a 5 year old girl.

SS-

remember cindy had that sore groin to deal with. You see he couldn't flip the wrist without .......

Haters....oops, sorry 'bout that, let me put my exxagerated Boston accent on just for you SJ: "hatahs" - all of you. You're all wrong too. ;)

Anyway, lets see if we can agree on this: it was a bad SB, with a bad half-time show and a hideous rendition of our national anthem.

Haters....oops, sorry 'bout that, let me put my exxagerated Boston accent on just for you SJ: "hatahs" - all of you. You're all wrong too. ;)

Anyway, lets see if we can agree on this: it was a bad SB, with a bad half-time show and a hideous rendition of our national anthem.

Oops... my bad. The last line of defense is playing the "You're all just a bunch of haters" card. It reaks of desperation.

....again, the truth can be painful.:D Please do read some ESPN and SI articles as well as some newspapers that are not from Pitt or Seattle) and the same sentiments that I have noted are voiced. I am brilliant!

And, the "haters" thing was supposed to be funny. (just like that proclimation that I am brilliant). LOL! Although, there is an element of truth to it. You do all hate TB.

....again, the truth can be painful.:D Please do read some ESPN and SI articles as well as some newspapers that are not from Pitt or Seattle) and the same sentiments that I have noted are voiced. I am brilliant!

And, the "haters" thing was supposed to be funny. (just like that proclimation that I am brilliant). LOL! Although, there is an element of truth to it. You do all hate TB.

Claiming that people who work and write for ESPN and SI back your opinion doesn't lend to make your opinion more fact or more right. When have those idiots ever been right?

And, just for the record, I really don't have Tom Brady... or anyone on the Pats. I mean, I hate Boston. I hate the Dolphins. But, I don't have any hate for Tom Brady. He did play at Michigan, after all.

I have a question - and this is not to disparage Joe Namath - I know he is as sacred to you all as Troy Brown and Tom Brady are to me, so when I do it is to preserve my "messageboard gold" status - but, since it has been reported that each one of the MVP's received some money for their appearance, do you think Joe got some cash from the Jets for that lining show? Or, do you think he just did it on his own. I had heard someplace that he is actually on the Jest payroll as an "embassador" -whatever that is.

Archived