Schefter: Jets were offered multiple picks for Quinnen Williams

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27989899/sources-jets-rebuffed-team-repeated-trade-inquiries-rookie-quinnen-williams

• Adam Schefter ESPN Senior Writer

Leading up to this past Tuesday's trade deadline, the New York Jets listened to offers for running back Le'Veon Bell and safety Jamal Adams.

But arguably the most surprising Jet who drew interest in recent weeks was none other than the first-round draft pick, Quinnen Williams, sources told ESPN.

At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources.

But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams.

If they were offered a 1st for this guy, they should've taken it.  Could've gotten a first and a starter on o-line.  Instead we're stuck with an interior DT who only provides maybe 1-2 hurries a game.

With what is being said was offered for Quinnen and Adams, very quickly i have determined that douglas is the newest moron on the team.

He has had his chance to come in  be aggressive get a bunch of higher picks for DTs and SS that do not help you  win and he is so far McCagnan version 2.

Can't close the deal, afraid to make a mistake.  Take the safe route.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

With what is being said was offered for Quinnen and Adams, very quickly i have determined that douglas is the newest moron on the team.

He has had his chance to come in  be aggressive get a bunch of higher picks for DTs and SS that do not help you  win and he is so far McCagnan version 2.

What was the actual offer for Quinnen? All I saw was blockbuster. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we had 3 1st round picks going into thisdraft, it would be much more reassuring than having our awesome box safety and a Aaron Donald clone,