Anbody who think Tannenbaum won't ask Bradway for input

Smizzy

is not thinking this thru. Sure he took his job,Sure he's been demoted..but he's being kept on the payroll to give Mike Tannenbaum help with the draft,that much you can be sure of.

I don't mean bradway will have any say in who is picked. But Mangini & MT will pick bradways brain about the prospects they like.

Im not buying into this whole Tannenbaum will do it alone crap. Will they let Mangini buy the groceries? Maybe...but you can be sure he will also pick Tb's brain about the kids he watched the the senior bowl.

I'm totally speculating, but I think it has to do with terry's arrangement on going into the office only 3 times a week, etc. If Terry is here beyond the draft, my feeling is Woody demanded TB come to the office every day or take a demotion to stay on as a draft/player evaluation consultant. I think TB probably was ok with that since he didn't want to travel every day or be in a hotel 5 days a week.

If he is gone before or after the draft then I think Woody just wanted him out from the start.

Of course he'll be asked for his insight. That's why he's still with the team.

The major thing here is that he will not be the guy making the pick anymore. The Jets will no longer make idiotic draft trades they did with McCareins, Jolley, and Robertson. Hopefully, this will also put a stop to the Jets constant bungling of free agents.

I'm fine with Bradway staying on as a consultant. He is a great scout, just a ****ty general manager.

if anything this demotion frees Terry up to read Draft Daddy and learn who to draft :P (seriously Bradway will have a significant impact on who the Jets draft, he's always been a great scout and is still an employee of NYJ, which says alot - the question is will Mangini agree with Bradway and if not, who will hold more sway with Tannenbaum?)

Being named a scout is the equivalent of the decompression chamber. Immediately following the draft (if not sooner) Bradway will be launched into space. He will have some input but I find it hard to believe that he has any influence whatsoever at this point.

Archived