This week's Views from the Upper Deck

Gang Green Girl

Option #2.

Why prolong the inevitable? Cut the dead weight in next yr and this time we will be in great shape. Why prolong this mess any further?

WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN A SB NEXT YR NO MATTER WHO STAYS WITH THE TEAM.

Another good read Tyson.

......just to harrass my buddy, Smizzy:

Did you know that after the Patriots Superbowl Victory in 2001 - Bill Belichick was reported to have said to Eric Mangini "Can you beleive we just won the hole darn thing with THIS group?"

See, it could happen. :mrgreen::crossfingers:

Did you know that after the Patriots Superbowl Victory in 2001 - Bill Belichick was reported to have said to Eric Mangini "Can you beleive we just won the hole darn thing with THIS group?"

He wasn't the only one that said that. There were a few million Jet fans crying, I mean saying the exact same thing.

So you're saying the Jets can wina SB with Chad Pennington at the helm? Ill let Tx have this one.

YOU'RE UP OLD MAN.

Good article!

Option #2. it's a no-brainer.

The youth movement started in the front office, and it will continue in the locker room. Cut what dead weight you can, save some money, and get some younger guys in there. Last season was too painful to watch. I don't want to see it again in 2006.

good article....i havent chosen my path completely yet....but really, i want penny to come back as the 2002 version, martin to have one season left in the legs(hahahaha), for us to draft the adequate OL help, and for a miracle to happen at DT....thats what the kid in me hopes for....but common sense says no to all of that, and that we need to blow it up

oh i almost forgot, as required by my contract with the chad pennington fan club.....

LONG LIVE CHAD!!!!!!

....huh?

I'm saying that BB regarded 2000 as a rebuilding year - and look what happened! They won the whole darn thing. I COULD happen. Not likley - you cynical bastid - but it could.

....you're tired, man.:box:

Now Im a cynical bastid becuase I don't think the Jets can win the SB this yr?

And what would you have called me If I said they jets can win a SB this yr?

I am for Option # 2. But not all at once. Work with the cap but you obviously can't blow it ALL up. You have to pay their replacements.

So build with the goal being winning it all and not just finishing 10 and 6. If it takes a 6 and 10 season (or two) along the way then so be it.

I am for Option # 2. But not all at once. Work with the cap but you obviously can't blow it ALL up. You have to pay their replacements.

So build with the goal being winning it all and not just finishing 10 and 6. If it takes a 6 and 10 season (or two) along the way then so be it.

only sane long term approach viable

Archived