Working 2 days at a Tony Robbins event

On 12/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

If you never hear from me again, its because I'll be working on myself and moving towards full self-actualization and true fulfillment.

you do know that this is mutually exclusive with being a Jets fan, right? 

• Haha 2

On 12/17/2019 at 7:03 AM, TeddEY said:

I know someone who went to this, called it “transformational.”

I'm sure. It transforms the sh*t out of your bank account for that freak to scream that "you are ******* Awesome!!" (Yes, dude is crass and throws F bombs constantly.  I was actually surprised by it considering the crowd).

I was embarrassed for everyone there. Some people who couldn't really afford it probably saved up for years for that garbage. 

Its Scientology Lite. 

On 12/18/2019 at 8:17 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm sure. It transforms the sh*t out of your bank account for that freak to scream that "you are ******* Awesome!!" (Yes, dude is crass and throws F bombs constantly.  I was actually surprised by it considering the crowd).

I was embarrassed for everyone there. Some people who couldn't really afford it probably saved up for years for that garbage. 

Its Scientology Lite. 

It's certainly a lot of money, as per the person I know.  It's probably somewhat predatory, but at the same time, you're dealing with a large group of people who probably don't have many people in their lives to tell them they're "******* awesome."  Validation and support are a big deal.  And, as per this person, there was a lot more that went on.  He's definitely drinking the kool-aid now, and will come down to earth soon, but for now, he's riding high.

I agree, there's a ton of people there that probably shouldn't be, financially.  The person I know could afford it, fortunately.  But, it's no different than a lot of other things people throw money they don't have in to.  They throw money at hope, hope that life will be better and whatever sadness or loneliness they feel will go away.