NO 1 Jets free agent target should be:

madmike1

STEVE HUCHINSON

The guy is just a beast. One of the best guards in the NFL. He's the kind of o linemen who turns average running backs into MVP's. The seahawks are gonna consintrate on signing Alexander so they might have to let hutch go and if they do this move would make the jets better faster then any other move they could make on the FA market.

STEVE HUCHINSON

The guy is just a beast. One of the best guards in the NFL. He's the kind of o linemen who turns average running backs into MVP's. The seahawks are gonna consintrate on signing Alexander so they might have to let hutch go and if they do this move would make the jets better faster then any other move they could make on the FA market.

The Seahawks have that franchise ax to swing. They promised SA that it will not be used on him, but they very well could use it on him.

Is Hasselbeck a free agent or RFA? I thought I heard something about that. I think Hutch stays, but being a big Michigan fan and Alum, I know Hutch well and would love to have him here.

Since Edge James is practically half way out of Indy already, here is an interesting scenario. What if Carolina goes after James, and lets Deshaun Foster free, without re-signing him? Who here would sign Foster? IMO, he would provide great value for a cheaper price, if he can stay healthy.

Since Edge James is practically half way out of Indy already, here is an interesting scenario. What if Carolina goes after James, and lets Deshaun Foster free, without re-signing him? Who here would sign Foster? IMO, he would provide great value for a cheaper price, if he can stay healthy.

Foster gets injured more than Pennington. I can't see that happening. I would rather go with Houston behind a rebuilt O-line and determine if he's a keeper.

If you want a guard that is good, young and cheaper than Hutch look at Vince Manuwai.

Our #1 FA target, if we sign any at all, should be the DT from the Ravens.

Kemoeatu is a MUST....

Manuwai has started every game since his rookie year so thus he is considerably expensive to pay...I would be shocking if Jets can afford to sign Manuwai... And it is not all about comparison with Hutchinson... It is what Jets can afford to get... Fonoti is up and down in starting situation in past 4 years so thus he may be a cheap OG to get...

Let say that Jets sign this 6 4 350 pancake dude for 2 or 3 years and draft Boothe OG in 3rd round...

Hutchinson would be great but LeCharles Bentley is the guy I would target. I would think it would be easier and cheaper to lure a player away from the Saints than a SB contender.

Also I would keep Kendall over Mawae if I had to choose.

What good reason could you give to keep Kendall over Mawae?

STEVE HUCHINSON

Why would the Jets spend big bucks (which they currently do not have) on a FA OLineman when DBrick is sitting right there for the Jets to grab?.

Also, rumor has it that the Seahawks will use the franchise tag on Hucinson.

What good reason could you give to keep Kendall over Mawae?

1. Kendall is younger.

2. Cutting or trading Kendall would leave more dead money on the cap than cutting or trading Mawae.

3. Mawae may have more trade value (if we eat his remaining bonus) as his salary is lower than Kendall's.

STEVE HUCHINSON

I agree very strongly!

1. Kendall is younger.

2. Cutting or trading Kendall would leave more dead money on the cap than cutting or trading Mawae.

3. Mawae may have more trade value (if we eat his remaining bonus) as his salary is lower than Kendall's.

Kendall may be younger but in NFl life they probably have the same amount of quality years left.

You don't cut the leader of your team because of cap reasons. Also, I thought Kendall's deal was cap friendly to axe, I could be wrong but we did get him on the cheap.

Again, trading or cutting your leader is never a good idea, especially when he is still one of the tops at his position.

Kendall may be younger but in NFl life they probably have the same amount of quality years left.

You don't cut the leader of your team because of cap reasons. Also, I thought Kendall's deal was cap friendly to axe, I could be wrong but we did get him on the cheap.

Again, trading or cutting your leader is never a good idea, especially when he is still one of the tops at his position.

This is odd because when Kendall was signed I remember reading the same thing. Very small bonus and easy to cut if need be. According to the salary cap page, we'd take a 4 million dollar hit.

Why would the Jets spend big bucks (which they currently do not have) on a FA OLineman when DBrick is sitting right there for the Jets to grab?.

Also, rumor has it that the Seahawks will use the franchise tag on Hucinson.

Typical know-nothing patsy. How can you be stupid enough to compare a Guard to a tackle?

Archived