The Truth About Sam Darnold

Maxman

Look I’m not here proclaiming Sam is ever gonna be elite but I think the kid has that “it” factor and is gonna do good things for us.  I mean despite all the crap he had had to deal with whether it’s Switching coaches,injuries, terrible olines, very little support around him I still think he had done enough to give us a lot of hope for the future.  Does he have things he had to fix? Absolutely just like most young QBs do.  Honestly I could give a crap about MVP awards or flashy stats. If he gets us a Super Bowl then he will always be looked at as a important player in our organization.  I mean Eli Manning didn’t have the flashy regular season numbers but he won 2 Super Bowls when it counted against the Pats.  If Sam has a similar career as Eli we should be doing cartwheels lol

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean Eli Manning didn’t have the flashy regular season numbers but he won 2 Super Bowls when it counted against the Pats.  

From 2005 thru 2018 (14 seasons) Eli Manning missed a total of one start. 

Over that same 14 season stretch where he was the starter, Eli's average annual production was:

60.6%, 3,924 Passing Yards, 25 TD's vs. 16 INT's.

17 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

If Sam has a similar career as Eli we should be doing cartwheels lol

I'd be pleased to see Sam Darnold, in 2020, throw for over 60%, for close to 4,000 yards, and throw a 26 v. 16 TD:INT ratio. 

Too many INT's and a bit low on comp. % to be fair, but "gunslinger" right?

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

From 2005 thru 2018 (14 seasons) Eli Manning missed a total of one start. 

Over that same 14 season stretch where he was the starter, Eli's average annual production was:

60.6%, 3,924 Passing Yards, 25 TD's vs. 16 INT's.

I'd be pleased to see Sam Darnold, in 2020, throw for over 60%, for close to 4,000 yards, and throw a 26 v. 16 TD:INT ratio. 

Too many INT's and a bit low on comp. % to be fair, but "gunslinger" right?

I think The INT’s are gonna decrease especially with better protection BUT being honest Sam’s style of play is gonna have some picks from time to time. As long as it doesn’t effect the outcomes of games and the rest of his body of work is good I could live with it.  My comparison with Eli was mainly about Eli’s success in the playoffs not comparing stats.  I guess what I meant is that I don’t care if Sam ever wins a MVP or has insane stats but if he succeeds in important games that’s all that matters