The Truth About Sam Darnold

Maxman

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't record NFL games.  I also dropped Cable, so no more DVR.  

Check the DVR. It is the only way you can see it. Buy a DVR and then check it if you have to. But, and I stress this part, check the DVR.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

The truth about Lamar Jackson is he was on an amazing team last year and they just chocked.

Also the truth about Lamar Jackson, if he played here people would be running him and the coach out of town right now.

The Jets have not been the # 1 seed in the AFC in franchise history, and only have 2 division titles.

No, I can definitively say we wouldn't be running him out of town right now.

We're not looking to run Darnold out of town with his 11-15 record, after all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets have not been the # 1 seed in the AFC in franchise history, and only have 2 division titles.

No, I can definitively say we wouldn't be running him out of town right now.

We're not looking to run Darnold out of town with his 11-15 record, after all.

LOOOOOOKKKKKKK WHAT U DID TO THE SANCHIZE??????? That poor guy.  :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh nice, thanks!  I'll look into that.  

What were we talking about?  Oh yeah.  YOUR OPINION ON QB'S SUCKS YOU SHOULD DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

I should take account deletion advice from a guy who thinks a DVR is somehow married to a particular mechanism?

Puh-lease.

I will delete my account when I am good and ready. Not a minute before that.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Than is used for a comparison, where as then is used when saying something related to time.

No need to thank me. Just doing my pseudo internet job

I know all about the comparative. 

I don't mind being corrected for being lazy with grammar, especially when it's a careless mistake. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"is"  vs.  "will be"

:-k

Well after what happened in the playoffs he is. Josh Allen is limited and the game film is now out on Jackson thanks to the Titans.

Is. Will Be. One in the same right now and in the future. Mostly now though, but also in the future.

Sam is the best QB in that class. Time will prove that Jeter is better than Nomah.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well after what happened in the playoffs he is. Josh Allen is limited and the game film is now out on Jackson thanks to the Titans.

Is. Will Be. One in the same right now and in the future. Mostly now though, but also in the future.

Sam is the best QB in that class. Time will prove that Jeter is better than Nomah.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I do like Sam's future, I am being serious about that.

I really believe next year will be the best season we have seen from a Jets QB with Sam here.

I'm hopeful about Sam's future, and I too am serious about that.

I really believe next year is where the rubber must meet the road for Sam's development.  A third year of either below NFL-average production and/or multiple missed starts will be concerning.  64%+, 4,000 Yards+, 26 TD+, 13 INT-.  Average 16 Games Starting QB production.

I too hope it'll be the best season we have seen from a Jets QB in years (better than Fitz in 2015, for example, which the above would be in many ways). 

I think it can be, if Douglas does his job, Gase does his job and Sam does his job.  But that is alot of if's there.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:33 AM, Maxman said:

When it comes to this stuff what is true today is rarely true in 3 years. I am taking a long term view and saying Sam Darnold is the best QB in that draft.

b/c 11-15 is defo better than 20-3     plus 2 playoff losses

so balt won all those games but lj lost the playoff games?

On 1/14/2020 at 11:45 AM, Warfish said:

I'm hopeful about Sam's future, and I too am serious about that.

I really believe next year is where the rubber must meet the road for Sam's development.  A third year of either below NFL-average production and/or multiple missed starts will be concerning.  64%+, 4,000 Yards+, 26 TD+, 13 INT-.  Average 16 Games Starting QB production.

I too hope it'll be the best season we have seen from a Jets QB in years (better than Fitz in 2015, for example, which the above would be in many ways). 

I think it can be, if Douglas does his job, Gase does his job and Sam does his job.  But that is alot of if's there.

5% more complete and 95 more yards but 5 fewer tds is better? no lo compro

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Only 10 of them?  Felt like all of them...

Agreed. I think that stat is categorizing “pressure” as blitzers on top of the base defense. Unfortunately for Sam, most defenses against us didn’t have to send additional blitzers because the base defense was getting home anyway and Gase isn’t one for adjusting or calling protected drop backs.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The problem with best in his draft class is the actual draft class.  Rosen and Mayfield are outright busts.  The draft class was highly over rated. 

I think Rosen seems to be the only outright bust in the group so far.  Jackson looks solid, Allen has proven to be a dual threat but not an elite passer (and took his team to the playoffs), Darnold and Mayfield have shown flashes of greatness and also several moments of ineptitude.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Truth about Sam Darnold is that if all NFL QB's and 2020 Draft Eligible QB's were redrafted today in a special "only QB's" Draft, Sam would not be picked in the top 20.

Prove me wrong.

Going to sit back, prop up my feet, and watch how this all plays out.....

:hap:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Truth about Sam Darnold is that if all NFL QB's and 2020 Draft Eligible QB's were redrafted today in a special "only QB's" Draft, Sam would not be picked in the top 20.

Prove me wrong.

Are the existing QBs the age they are now or young and fresh like when they were drafted?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Prove me wrong.

lmfao - how do you prove someone wrong on something like this that is completely subjective to one's opinion.  I personally would easily take Sam in the top 20 QB's in the league and this upcoming class but that's my opinion on the position.  

You have an era of QB's dying right now that I wouldnt take over him because he'll be 25 by the time they all retire and none of them are winning a Super Bowl ever again; Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, Fitz.  They're all done or will be soon, so yes, give me the 22 year old kid with a ton of talent over them right now to build my franchise.  

I'd easily take him over; Flacco/Lock, Keenum/Haskin, Brissett, Carr, Minshew, Allen, Jones, Dalton, Goff, Mayflower, Allen, Stafford, Trubisky, Rudolph/Hodges, Winston.

So the only QB's that I'd take today to start a franchise over him with no hesitations and in no particular order are; Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Jackson.

The one that would take some thought are; Ryan, Prescott, Wentz, Jimmy G., Burrow, Cousins, Tannehill, Murray.

Now prove me wrong!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1