For you guys who do not know Gray.

quietjets

I have been against trading day 1 pick for a quarterback at any costs.

I encourage that Jets should get Quinn Gray from Jaguars for day 2 pick(probably 6th rounder or 7th rounder) because Gray joined with NFL team by walking in.... He had played with NFL Europe team (Galaxy) and had his first debut(I think) when he was relieved Garrard and went 8-14 100 yards with 2 tds in blown out game... I must say that Gray is more advanced than this raw qb in Rivers who had struggled when played in NFL games and saw less action for over 2 years....

This is no brainer move to get Gray for day 2 pick instead of get raw Rivers for day 1 pick...

there is his short profile... http://www.jaguars.com/Team/Bio/FullBio/1846.asp

Do I make any sense? :yahoo:

I have been against trading day 1 pick for a quarterback at any costs.

I encourage that Jets should get Quinn Gray from Jaguars for day 2 pick(probably 6th rounder or 7th rounder) because Gray joined with NFL team by walking in.... He had played with NFL Europe team (Galaxy) and had his first debut(I think) when he was relieved Garrard and went 8-14 100 yards with 2 tds in blown out game... I must say that Gray is more advanced than this raw qb in Rivers who had struggled when played in NFL games and saw less action for over 2 years....

This is no brainer move to get Gray for day 2 pick instead of get raw Rivers for day 1 pick...

there is his short profile... http://www.jaguars.com/Team/Bio/FullBio/1846.asp

Do I make any sense? :yahoo:

How is Quinn Gray any different than Brooks Bollinger

How is Quinn Gray any different than Brooks Bollinger

Umm... Taller, bigger, more power arm with quicker release, probably better visor, and umm blacker.

Only Bollinger holds the advantage for this comparison is he knows offensive players better than Gray.

And umm do you try to tell me that Rivers and Bollinger are not different? You want a young qb with promising starting material and i give you Gray not Rivers.

Umm... Taller, bigger, more power arm with quicker release, probably better visor, and umm blacker.

Only Bollinger holds the advantage for this comparison is he knows offensive players better than Gray.

And umm do you try to tell me that Rivers and Bollinger are not different? You want a young qb with promising starting material and i give you Gray not Rivers.

They said the same thing last yr about Ricky Ray.

Rob Johnson was supposed to be the next great thing b/c he had one incredible game in relief of Brunell. Traded him to Buffalo for the #9 pick in the ensuing draft (Fred Taylor). Who got the better of that deal?

1/2 good game doesn't make Quinn Gray anything special (or even good).

1 good game against NE's depleted secondary...same thing about Schaub.

1/2 bad game coming in relief of Brees doesn't make Rivers bad.

Any of them can be good. Any of them can be horrible. In terms of upside, given the limited NFL action anyone's seen them in, I'd still have to rank them:

1) Philip Rivers

2) Matt Schaub

3) Quinn Gray

Now Gray might be the best of the three.

...and I might be Mark Cannizzaro.

They said the same thing last yr about Ricky Ray.

Who were they? I definitely was not one of them..

I was not high on Ray despite his size and performance in CFL. I had never seen him play before signed with Jets twice..... It is apple and orange comparison.. Forget him...

Which one do you prefer? Considerably we dont have any prove that either one will be successful with Jets.

losing a day one pick for Rivers and then he is a bust

or

losing a day 2 pick for Gray and then he is a bust...

Some people want Rivers because he was first rounder and what he had done in college.... How about Gray won the world champion in NFL eurpoe as Galaxy qb.

Rob Johnson was supposed to be the next great thing b/c he had one incredible game in relief of Brunell. Traded him to Buffalo for the #9 pick in the ensuing draft (Fred Taylor). Who got the better of that deal?

1/2 good game doesn't make Quinn Gray anything special (or even good).

1 good game against NE's depleted secondary...same thing about Schaub.

1/2 bad game coming in relief of Brees doesn't make Rivers bad.

Any of them can be good. Any of them can be horrible. In terms of upside, given the limited NFL action anyone's seen them in, I'd still have to rank them:

1) Philip Rivers

2) Matt Schaub

3) Quinn Gray

Now Gray might be the best of the three.

...and I might be Mark Cannizzaro.

That was mistaken.... Rob Johnson was a lot of like Kramer or Kreig..... he made good long passes but he could not move the chain frequently...

Jets need all day one picks to retool positions. So why waste day one pick for unproven qb...... It is a smart business to keep all day one picks and trade day 2 pick to gamble on unproven qb.... If the gamble is failed then they already have all talented players from day one plus Jets will take either Staton or Quinn or Edwards next year..... If Rivers or Schaub is failed then they have more positions to worry about upgrading.

I cant anticapte which unproven qb will become Favre or Gannon or Green but it is safe to gamble on Gray.

That was mistake.... Rob Johnson was a lot of like Kramer or Kreig..... he made good long passes but he could not move the chain frequently...

Jets need all day one picks to retool positions. So why waste day one pick for unproven qb...... It is a smart business to keep all day one picks and trade day 2 pick to gamble on unproven qb.... If the gamble is failed then they already have all talented players from day one plus Jets will take either Staton or Quinn or Edwards next year..... If Rivers or Schaub is failed then they have more positions to worry about upgrading.

I cant anticapte which unproven qb will become Favre or Gannon or Green but it is safe to gamble on Gray.

All draft picks are unproven players anyway.

Hey, know what will catapult this team to the Lombardi? Trade for the Jaguars third-string quarterback!

AJ Feeley had more experience than this guy. If Quinn Gray is so damn special, how come we haven't heard about anyone trying to trade for him? Trading a late-rounder is very low risk, but why is it that quietjets is the only guy on Earth that believes it could be high reward?

All draft picks are unproven players anyway.

I rather to take all other than QB positions draftees as day one picks than trade away one of them just like they did for McCareins and Jolley(traded down)...

Put QB situation aside, Jets have many holes to fill in. Using all day one picks to fill those holes..

Why would you lose one day 1 pick for an unproven qb whilst you can find a qb that worth day two pick?

You cant say that Rivers or Schaub is the answer for JEts. Nor can I say the same thing on Gray..... However, for smart bargain you can take 3 talented position players who will be ready to contribute within 2 years plus you get an ideal qb whom they acquire for day 2 pick.

Hey, know what will catapult this team to the Lombardi? Trade for the Jaguars third-string quarterback!

AJ Feeley had more experience than this guy. If Quinn Gray is so damn special, how come we haven't heard about anyone trying to trade for him? Trading a late-rounder is very low risk, but why is it that quietjets is the only guy on Earth that believes it could be high reward?

Because it is very common for people who go after high profiled players and never pay any attention on darkhorse players... I seek for cheap alternative..

I dont say that i am always right or you are always wrong... It is all about bargain.

I think Jaguars will rather to trade Garrard instead of Gray because the value in Garrard's contract will be awarded as mid rounder comparing to a late rounder for Gray.

I was once in hungry of pursuing Garrard last year prior to Jaguars signed him to extension contract for 3 years.. I dropped it and found out about Gray later in the season.

I rather to take all other than QB positions draftees as day one picks than trade away one of them just like they did for McCareins and Jolley(traded down)...

Put QB situation aside, Jets have many holes to fill in. Using all day one picks to fill those holes..

Why would you lose one day 1 pick for an unproven qb whilst you can find a qb that worth day two pick?

You cant say that Rivers or Schaub is the answer for JEts. Nor can I say the same thing on Gray..... However, for smart bargain you can take 3 talented position players who will be ready to contribute within 2 years plus you get an ideal qb whom they acquire for day 2 pick.

Those two situations are different for reasons:

1) Jolley trade was just dumb. He wasn't an unknown; he was a known bust.

2) McCariens deal is different than Schaub or Rivers b/c the latter two have contracts. McCariens required a new deal, and we gave him a beaut. $31M deal with a $7M SB for a slot receiver.

Those two situations are different for reasons:

1) Jolley trade was just dumb. He wasn't an unknown; he was a known bust.

2) McCariens deal is different than Schaub or Rivers b/c the latter two have contracts. McCariens required a new deal, and we gave him a beaut. $31M deal with a $7M SB for a slot receiver.

Matt Schaub would also require a new contract. Unless the Jets plan to let him test RFA a year after giving up a high pick for him.

BLACKER? DID YOU SAY BLACKER???

well Im sold, NOT..what an assinine thing to say

Archived