Cardinals | Warner re-signed

Smizzy

I still don't understand why Green didn't stick with McCowan,i think the cards only won once when he wasn't starting.

Either way Warner is a solid caretaker QB till they get a good young player at that position.I wonder if they will take Cutler if he's there?

thank god... there were rumors of him coming here... and that would have meant Brenda would have been here. I couldn't take it... that'd be insane... because half way through the season, people would be wanting to kill her, for being so annoying.

Good thing you're a Ninja Assassin and could have cut her head off for a 10k fee.

I really thought he was going to end up in Detroit with Martz. In fact it probably would have been the better move on his part to go to Detroit with all those weapons they have on offense.

yeah, I mean god forbid someone consider Fitzgerald or Bolden a weapon ;)

I still don't understand why Green didn't stick with McCowan,i think the cards only won once when he wasn't starting.

Either way Warner is a solid caretaker QB till they get a good young player at that position.I wonder if they will take Cutler if he's there?

I would think that they would almost HAVE to take Cutler if he's there when they pick. How many times can this team pass up on a possible franchise QB? Ya'd think that they'd want to put fans in their stands (besides the visiting teams fans).

I really thought he was going to end up in Detroit with Martz. In fact it probably would have been the better move on his part to go to Detroit with all those weapons they have on offense.

In all reality, Detroit doesn't have any weapons. They have a bunch of players that were supposed to be weapons but that's about it. It doesn't get any better than Boldin and Fitzgerald.

Good point, but I was talking about Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Mike Williams and back with Mike Martz

No offense but... :lol: That's some funny sh*t!

boldin and fitzgerald...and i wouldnt be surprised if they managed to pick up Edge as well...

No.. I was talking about the Lions, not the Cards.

In all reality, Detroit doesn't have any weapons. They have a bunch of players that were supposed to be weapons but that's about it. It doesn't get any better than Boldin and Fitzgerald.

This is what I was getting at. Detroit's "weapons" can't run routes right, run block, or read defenses. Or pick up blitzes (Kevin Jones).

Those ARE some pretty good targets. Roy Williams is one of the best young WR's in football. Mike Williams can be a great WR and Kevin Jones is also a great RB if they can get a QB to throw the ball

Uh... Mike Williams can't run a route, neither can Roy. Kevin Jones can't pick up a blitz to save his life. Trust me, I live in Detroit. I watch the Lions every week. I've watched them for the past 24 years. Kevin Jones is not a great RB. Roy Williams is not a best young WR in football. And the problems in Detroit aren't the quarterback. Do some bloody homework.

Cardinals | More about Warner deal

Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:14:54 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner's new, three-year contract with the team could be worth as much as $22 million if he hits all the incentives during the life of the deal. Warner is expected to make around $7 million in the first year of the deal. Warner had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March. Warner will return as the starter, with QB Josh McCown expected to leave with his own free agency. Warner will be 39 by the end of the contract, but vice president of football operations Rod Graves said the deal is structured in such a way so the Cardinals can absorb the entire thing if Warner's play remains at a productive level

Interesting thought, Alk. How good do ya think any of those Detroit WR's would be if they were with the Steelers, Pats, or Broncos?

Uh... Mike Williams can't run a route, neither can Roy. Kevin Jones can't pick up a blitz to save his life. Trust me, I live in Detroit. I watch the Lions every week. I've watched them for the past 24 years. Kevin Jones is not a great RB. Roy Williams is not a best young WR in football. And the problems in Detroit aren't the quarterback. Do some bloody homework.

Okay...whatever you say...We'll see when they have a real QB and a halfway decent line, but because you live in Detroit I guess I'll have to take your word for it :rolleyes: ... either way I've seen all their games last year, and there's no way that offense could have been sucessful with THAT offensive line, Roy Williams and Kevin Jones injured.

Okay...whatever you say...We'll see when they have a real QB and a halfway decent line, but because you live in Detroit I guess I'll have to take your word for it :rolleyes: ... either way I've seen all their games last year, and there's no way that offense could have been sucessful with THAT offensive line, Roy Williams and Kevin Jones injured.

Oh I can't wait. :character42:

*sigh* Some people never get it.

Just because the media says Kevin Jones and Roy Williams are good, that doesn't make it so. They may become good, but they're not good right now. Kevin Jones still can't pick up a blitz and can't run between the tackles. And, I might remind you, behind that same offensive line, he ran for over 1000 yards his rookie season. Roy Williams still can't run a route and is prone to Darrell Jackson-itis. And, as far as having a real QB or not... I'll take Roy's opinion over your's. He's a believer in Joey, and Joey throws him the ball, so I'll take his word for it.

And, if you think this was just a last season problem, you are far from mistaken. This is a five year problem. Ever since Millen was here. But, if you can't grasp the concept, then I can't help you.

Interesting thought, Alk. How good do ya think any of those Detroit WR's would be if they were with the Steelers, Pats, or Broncos?

It's really hard to say. I think Roy Williams is pretty good right now, he might improve a little bit with the Patriots. A different QB isn't going to make him better though, it will have to be the coaches. Rogers and Mike Williams I have no use for. I predicted Williams would drop to at least 10 in the draft and one of the resident draft "experts" thought I was nuts. I think he's proving exactly why he dropped.

And, as far as having a real QB or not... I'll take Roy's opinion over your's. He's a believer in Joey, and Joey throws him the ball, so I'll take his word for it.

So, Roy loves having a ****ty quarterback just because he refuses to throw him under the bus?

If Roy Williams really does believe in Joey Harrington, then that makes two people on Earth: Roy Williams and stormshadow19.

Archived