WR issues/News

On 8/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, Dinamite said:

The most I read which was posted in a different thread was Connor Hughes' comment that Cager has great size for the position, but hands of stone and needs to get better at holding on to the ball, implying a few drops in camp already.   Likely practice squad.

He didn't imply anything.  He said outright that Cager had about 10 drops already.  It is unlikely he evne witnessed that many targets towards Cager, but whatever.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The bigger football in the NFL always has more of an impact than people think.  The ball looks bigger in a very tangible way, even if people dispute it by saying its not that much bigger.  

I imagine he'll get used to it.  He'll never have tremendous hands because his hands are decidedly small for his size.  But he'll get look a lot better over time, I imagine.

I get that it takes time to adjust, but I don't really get it.  Like @Lith @Patriot Killa and @win4ever the hands question surprises me.  He seemed fine to me.  This kid should have been catching NFL balls since January.  I mean he had to prep for the gauntlet drill if nothing else.  I am 5'9" and I never had much trouble with the pro ball, but my hands are probably marginally larger than his.  I think the sahpe is actually a bit different which may be more of an issue in it feeling weird.  There is a decent likelihood that this is just one of those times the guy dropped a couple of balls in one practice and a beat writer ran with it exaggerating all the way. 

On 8/18/2020 at 4:05 PM, Saul Goodman said:

Where’d the Cager obsession come from? I know we have gotten excited about preseason All-Pro’s (see David Clowney, among others), but those guys actually flashed in games. Cager hasn’t even had a stand out play or practice yet. Weird. 

It stems from draft night.  Everyone was calling for a 2nd WR.  ager was a guy that many felt could be drafted from the mid-rounds on.  When he was there he was a guy mentioned that we might pick.  When we didn't and got him as an UDFA he was looked at as a steal.  Campbell is more a draft profile and numbers guy, but Cager we all saw and liked, so we started to think of him like an extra draft pick.