Doug Pederson

RSJ

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont know what to say if you look at that Eagles roster and the games they've played and see a MVP caliber QB or anything resembling the SB team.  Then talk about how great that FO is, sticking it all on the HC.  The one who went to the SB with a backup, a journeyman QB who hasnt won anywhere else, 

That's sort of my point.  Something I've learned rather recently is that it's not about the head coach, it's about the players.  The collapse of the Patriots and Eagles and 49ers, last year's Rams, the Falcons, this whole head coach thing is so overrated.

What matters is that a head coach doesn't screw it up for the players, not the other way around.  As long as a head coach is capable of making the playoffs when his team is stacked with talent, that's all you need.  Belichick, Pederson, Gase, they've all done well when all the pieces are in place and that's all that matters.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

That's sort of my point.  Something I've learned rather recently is that it's not about the head coach, it's about the players.  The collapse of the Patriots and Eagles and 49ers, last year's Rams, the Falcons, this whole head coach thing is so overrated.

What matters is that a head coach doesn't screw it up for the players, not the other way around.  As long as a head coach is capable of making the playoffs when his team is stacked with talent, that's all you need.  Belichick, Pederson, Gase, they've all done well when all the pieces are in place and that's all that matters.

SAR I

Give Gase a team with good talent and I dont see him winning, he doesnt make a difference.  Top HCs make a difference, theyre often the difference when teams of equal talent match up.  The Pats didnt always have the talent advantage but their HC was often the difference.

Thats how sports work

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Give Gase a team with good talent and I dont see him winning, he doesnt make a difference.  Top HCs make a difference, theyre often the difference when teams of equal talent match up.  The Pats didnt always have the talent advantage but their HC was often the difference.

Thats how sports work

Gase was deemed universally by the NFL a "genius" offensive coordinator in Denver.  Gase was the talk of the league as the "hot young head coach prototype" when he went 10-6 in Miami.  Gase is a playoff caliber head coach.  

Again, that's what you need.  A guy who is a known quantity when the roster is good and you have a franchise quarterback.  What these coaches look like when the roster is a joke is immaterial.  When the chips are down and the pressure is up, a coach who is proven and can get it done is what you're looking for.  

Getting rid of a head coach proven to win with a stacked roster for the diceroll of a replacement who has not achieved even that much is how sports work.  And that's what's wrong.  Overreacting and listening to fans and the media is a big mistake.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase was deemed universally by the NFL a "genius" offensive coordinator in Denver.  Gase was the talk of the league as the "hot young head coach prototype" when he went 10-6 in Miami.  Gase is a playoff caliber head coach.  

Again, that's what you need.  A guy who is a known quantity when the roster is good and you have a franchise quarterback.  What these coaches look like when the roster is a joke is immaterial.  When the chips are down and the pressure is up, a coach who is proven and can get it done is what you're looking for.  

Getting rid of a head coach proven to win with a stacked roster for the diceroll of a replacement who has not achieved even that much is how sports work.  And that's what's wrong.  Overreacting and listening to fans and the media is a big mistake.

SAR I

Gase has not been deemed  by anyone a "genius" if ever, in years.  He has proven over the course of 5 years as a HC that anyone who said it was wrong.  Hes not close to being a bottom of the NFL offensive mind, nevermind a genius.  He was a hot young coordinator type and like Bowles, Quinn, etc, etc, he turned out to not be a hot HC.  Hes Kotite.  Who, like Gase was a playoff coach before the Jets.

Gase is clueless, his offenses are worse than Kotite.  He has no idea how to run an offense, has no feel for the game, cant adapt and change to a changing defense.  He has no idea how to use a RB.  Or a TE.  Hes the worst play caller I've ever seen, he makes me dream of Paul Hackett

The best part of Gase is he will complete the tank and then will go off to nowhere land, never to be seen again.