Doug Pederson

RSJ

They have gone through 8 zillion coaches and coordinators this century and none of the changes seem to make any bit of a difference for one obvious reason: the Jets field rosters full of tomato cans. The Jets can hire Nick Fury and it’s not going to make one iota of a difference until they start acquiring good football players. Maybe Gase sucks and maybe Bowles did too but what kind of shot do any of these guys have when the Jets draft maybe one halfway decent player per year and can’t for the life of them find a quarterback that plays at just an average level? Yes calling sh*tty plays on 4th down matters but it seems to reason that the quarterback not knowing that he shouldn’t jump in the air and throw the ball across his body matters a whole lot more.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

No thanks. He’s sucked since Reich and DeFilippo left. 

That was what made him a great choice for head coach. He was able to attract a solid staff and now he's a victim of his own success. Guys are going to get jobs at other teams and they bring a couple guys with them and they have to be replaced. How deep is that rolodex?

When the Jets look for a new coach, they need to look at who he can bring on his staff. Look at the quality of Gase's staff here and in Miami. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes calling sh*tty plays on 4th down matters but it seems to reason that the quarterback not knowing that he shouldn’t jump in the air and throw the ball across his body matters a whole lot more.

I think the big problem with Darnold is that jumping in the air and throwing the ball across his body is what he does well.  

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

No thanks. He’s sucked since Reich and DeFilippo left. 

I hear ya, but last year they had no healthy WRs other than Algohor, and this year wk 1 they were missing 3/5 of their starting OL, Johnson tho did play week 2.  Maybe I am wrong, but I also feel Wentz has not been the same as he was prior to the ACL, he appears much less improvisational than he was. 

1. I don't think it's a sure thing that Adam Gase is going anywhere anytime soon. The owner loves him. If the Jets win some games I wouldn't be shocked if he returns.

2. I want JD to pick who he wants to be the next head coach of this team after the inevitable Gase firing, whenever that happens. If it's Pederson, that's fine. Assuming he's available. 

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

Pederson is a grown up, functional adult who can help with Darnold and the next QB.

He just needs a strong staff under him.  I would bring Bates or Morton back.

Why do Jets fans always pine for guys we’ve fired? I just can’t understand this beaten wife complex.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

That was what made him a great choice for head coach. He was able to attract a solid staff and now he's a victim of his own success. Guys are going to get jobs at other teams and they bring a couple guys with them and they have to be replaced. How deep is that rolodex?

When the Jets look for a new coach, they need to look at who he can bring on his staff. Look at the quality of Gase's staff here and in Miami. 

If Pederson is available after this season then JD may go that route rather than a Coordinator or a college HC. I would even like to see if Gase is let go with enough games left that GW as HC since he had the Browns at a 5-3 record before they stupidly let him go. He may rally the team and maybe he should be given a shot at HC here then. I would p!ss on a spark plug right now if it could possibly help our situation. I know a lot of our problems stem from a talent view point, but for a HC A) get what you can out of the talent you have, and B) somehow do something to curb or reduce there injuries. It is just ridiculous that the starters are hurt before we even play many of them be backup level players on other teams, then we are down to backups or even lower to where whole groups like WR, CB, etc. are Practice Squad level players expected to compete against true top level starters in this league. How we don't get beat 45-0 is even a shock.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

1. I don't think it's a sure thing that Adam Gase is going anywhere anytime soon. The owner loves him. If the Jets win some games I wouldn't be shocked if he returns.

2. I want JD to pick who he wants to be the next head coach of this team after the inevitable Gase firing, whenever that happens. If it's Pederson, that's fine. Assuming he's available. 

No offense but doesnt #1 contradict #2?  LOL

But I'm not so sure that the support from CJ isnt as strong as some here think it is given the entirety of comments

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No offense but doesnt #1 contradict #2?  LOL

But I'm not so sure that the support from CJ isnt as strong as some here think it is given the entirety of comments

Well I guess my point is that if they do get rid of Gase then they should implement plan number 2 LOL.

At some point the owner is going to have to get rid of Gase because I can't see things getting better. I think it's just possible he could survive and coach this team next season.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

The lesson here for CJ is he has to realize like his brother he isn't qualified to pick a coach and let someone JD who is do it.

I dont think he was entirely to blame for Gase, think Macc was heavily involved.  I would expect JD to be as heavily involved and hopefully hes better at find a HC than Macc was.