" Craig Carton, Evan Roberts made their afternoon-drive debut. Here’s how it went ".. audio WHIPLASH ? ? ?

kelly

On 11/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Has anyone listened to this show?  I've turned it on a few times while driving and I never hear them talking sports.  The closest they came was yesterday when Carton was mocking Manish about stalking Joe D's son.

Other than that though, I seem to always hear them discussing movies.  I can't wait until this show fails already so they can put something on in its place.

No sports, just BS

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I don’t understand his obsession with a mask with nobody within 20 feet of him, while doing a radio show

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

He has a newborn at home and his in-laws I believe live with him as well.  I’m not sure why the mask bothers so many people when he’s a RADIO host.  Not like you can see him through the dial.  And it’s no ones business why he wears it - the show still stinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Craig Carton, the WFAN star who is recovering from a gambling addiction, will be hosting a gambling show on WFAN on Saturday, he announced on Thursday.

The radio station is calling it “a responsible gambling show.” It will air Saturday mornings at 9:30 a.m. and be called, “Hello, my name is Craig.”

“1-800-GAMBLER” is partnering with WFAN on the show.

“They’re going to bring their expertise into it,” Carton said Thursday on his afternoon show, via Newsday. “I’ll tell the stories of gambling and the way my addiction manifested itself in the bad decisions I made, which became criminal.“They’re the experts. They’re the ones that are going to walk us through what’s going on inside our noggin that makes us irrational and leads to an addiction.”

Carton, 51, has so far abstained from making NFL picks on Friday with afternoon drive partner Evan Roberts. He has said his problems with gambling led to his conviction on federal fraud charges that led to him spending a year in prison. He was released in June and recently returned to WFAWFAN gave Carton a second chance as it looks to win the afternoon radio war with ESPN New York’s “The Michael Kay Show” after Mike Francesa’s second retirement. Roberts was paired with Carton after Joe Benigno retired.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/10/craig-carton-to-host-responsible-gambling-show-on-wfan/

e3994e0ccd2ff42ff19c749c19f60630.gif