Tank for Trevor is a Ridiculous Idea

manuvsteal

On 11/11/2020 at 10:33 PM, 14 in Green said:

I get to watch a lot of Trevor. Both the games, and the highlights on local news and the ACC channel talk shows. Not knocking his talent, the kid is obviously good. He just doesn't seem like a fit for NY, and the Jets. He's an ultra religious country boy, and he probably would rather go to Jacksonville. If I grew up like him, I would too. We're a different world than anything he knows.

Fields, on the other hand, intrigues me. Granted I haven't seen as much of him as Trevor, but I love his style of play. I'm one of those who think it's where the league is going. I also think drafting him opens up all kinds of possibilities as far as the new HC. We could choose from the best and brightest running these schemes in the college ranks. 

It would take a lot of guts for Douglas to take Fields with the first pick, but I'd love to see it. It would convince me he actually did learn something at Philly and Baltimore under Ozzie... be bold, and go for it. Even if the kid didn't pan out, I'd never knock Sleepy Joe for taking the chance.

Who cares. Mickey Mantle was an Okie. Namath was a hick from Beaver Falls PA. Etc etc etc Storm the beaches of Normandy. Be great wherever you land. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2020 at 4:33 AM, 14 in Green said:

I get to watch a lot of Trevor. Both the games, and the highlights on local news and the ACC channel talk shows. Not knocking his talent, the kid is obviously good. He just doesn't seem like a fit for NY, and the Jets. He's an ultra religious country boy, and he probably would rather go to Jacksonville. If I grew up like him, I would too. We're a different world than anything he knows.

Fields, on the other hand, intrigues me. Granted I haven't seen as much of him as Trevor, but I love his style of play. I'm one of those who think it's where the league is going. I also think drafting him opens up all kinds of possibilities as far as the new HC. We could choose from the best and brightest running these schemes in the college ranks. 

It would take a lot of guts for Douglas to take Fields with the first pick, but I'd love to see it. It would convince me he actually did learn something at Philly and Baltimore under Ozzie... be bold, and go for it. Even if the kid didn't pan out, I'd never knock Sleepy Joe for taking the chance.

Weren’t you the president of the Baker Mayfield fan club?