Change my underwear: Mark Sanchez is the biggest bust in Jets history and it's not close

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

hes the guys that got us to two ACF championship game right? thats the one you are calling the biggiest bust? i mean every guys since him from recent memory woudl seem to be bigger bust. 

I like the butt fumble reference. I mean that is totally not a common play for players...running into other guys...yeah..um..good one?

lol look at your what he got list. OMG you are crazy. first off we did not have the best off line or running game. The players you list we not that great, and holy smokes this is a dumb post

I clearly hurt your feelings so let's discuss:

In 2009 and 2010 the defense gave up 14,14,16 and 21 but yeah Mark Sanchez led the way! 

It's funny how you took the butt fumble play on words and made that the whole point and ignored Sanchez TD to turnover ratio, like that makes some sort of rational argument against 60 TD's and 90 turnovers.

Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery was a good WR group. Sanchez did them no favors that is for sure. Add the 9th leading receiving TE and you could do WAY worse. Holmes and Edwards catch percentage was EXACTLY Sanchez' completion percentage. I guess they were holding him back, right?

In 2009 the Jets were first in rushing. In 2010 they were 4th. 

The offensive line had an all time jet pro bowl left tackle, an all time jet pro bowl center, and according to pff:

1.  New York Jets  (2009 Rank: 1st)

Run Rank 1st, Pass Rank 1st, Penalties Rank 12th

The reigning champions will reign again. You could pick out four fifths of the starters, put them on any team, and the likelihood is they’d be the best offensive lineman on it. That’s how good they are.

Best Player: In any other team it would be D’Brickashaw Ferguson. But this isn’t just any other line, and Nick Mangold is a once-in-a-generation type player.

Biggest Concern: The decision to move on from Damien Woody. Maybe injuries have taken their toll, but it’s going to be a tough task to fill his boots.

So yeah, I'm a complete moron for calling them the best offensive line in football.

Also, while we're here I can't believe I'm defending a thread from more than three years ago. I can GUARANTEE you the thread title was a take on something that SAR1 posted so out of context yeah it's hyperbolic and not completely accurate.  

Also, while we're here, you're ******* awful. So go call somebody else dumb because you're clowning yourself here. You'd never call jiF or Crusher or any number of posters here dumb no matter how much you disagreed with them because you're clearly a bully/pussy and obviously are mistaking me for someone else.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Mark is associated with a fun period of Jets fandom and some nice memories with fellow Jets fans. Not many Jets QBs can say that, sadly.

Still, if the Jets had brought in a journeyman vet instead of drafting Sanchez, they probably win it all in 2009 and/or 2010.

If we had kept Farve 09 could have been epic. He couldn’t do anything after tearing the throwing armc bicep in 08, but lead jets 8-3 record before that. 09 he had 1 of his best yrs of career. 68% comp 107.2 rating 33 td only 7 ints. Likely would have had bye, home field advantage, instead of backing into playoffs with buttfumble.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If we had kept Farve 09 could have been epic. He couldn’t do anything after tearing the throwing armc bicep in 08, but lead jets 8-3 record before that. 09 he had 1 of his best yrs of career. 68% comp 107.2 rating 33 td only 7 ints. Likely would have had bye, home field advantage, instead of backing into playoffs with buttfumble.

Yeah but Jenn Sterger didn't play ball. She wasn't a team player.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

But Woody and Tanny , who had his rights, released him.  I believe we received nothing for the release.