Real reason Mawae was cut!!!!

SouthernJet

Heard on a audio tape from 1998 Jets camp:

Jet Intern Eric Mangini: Here is your coffee Mr. Mawae

Kevin Mawae: I said Cream, NO sugar, you useless POS half-wit flunky intern. Dipstick, get me another coffee and wash my jock while you are at it.

Heard on a audio tape from 1998 Jets camp:

Jet Intern Eric Mangini: Here is your coffee Mr. Mawae

Kevin Mawae: I said Cream, NO sugar, you useless POS half-wit flunky intern. Dipstick, get me another coffee and wash my jock while you are at it.

Actually, this is probably not too far from the truth.

In all seriousness (we can be serious here can't we?), I think Mawae was one of the mystery players that made a negative comment about Chad a few weeks back and being we were committed to Chad monetarily, we had no choice but to cut Mawae.

i agree...still have no clue who the other was though

In all seriousness (we can be serious here can't we?), I think Mawae was one of the mystery players that made a negative comment about Chad a few weeks back and being we were committed to Chad monetarily, we had no choice but to cut Mawae.

absofreakinlutely,,,

he has ALWAYS been known as a clubhouse lawyer,,, who LOVES to see his name in the paper,,

jsut the fact that he publicly chastised Groh as too tough when Groh left, then publicly said Herm was too easy when Herm left,, the guy just likes to talk,,

and the original post was only half-joking,, i half suspect something like that happened to Eric.

Its hard for me to believe that there wasn't more to this besides

the jets going in another direction.

In addition to the remarks made in this thread about Groh and Herm

I seem to remember that he got into a shouting match with the then strength

coach John Lott a few years back.

As for the Chad incident, I think if a poll was taken among jet fans

Mawae would be the leader as to the player who made the remark.

Are you sure Mawae would win a poll to attribute the remarks to him? Mawae has said that he wants Chad as the QB, so it'd be rather two-faced of him to then rail the guy anonymously. The thing about Mawae is that he is outspoken, but I don't think he is really cowardly about his opinions. If Mawae thought Chad was an egg, I think he would be quoted for it, and not anonymously.

Are you sure Mawae would win a poll to attribute the remarks to him? Mawae has said that he wants Chad as the QB, so it'd be rather two-faced of him to then rail the guy anonymously. The thing about Mawae is that he is outspoken, but I don't think he is really cowardly about his opinions. If Mawae thought Chad was an egg, I think he would be quoted for it, and not anonymously.

You may be correct, but it's awful strange to cut your only All Pro lineman with a relatively small savings of 1.5 mil...something else had to factor in.

Where is it written that because he's a well known football player

he can't be a two-faced MF. Next to Herm he gave the beat writers

plenty of type. Funny that Canizzaro had the Chad story and no other

beat writer had it. Sometimes these guys talk so much they don't know

when to stop.

Where is it written that because he's a well known football player

he can't be a two-faced MF. Next to Herm he gave the beat writers

plenty of type. Funny that Canizzaro had the Chad story and no other

beat writer had it. Sometimes these guys talk so much they don't know

when to stop.

EXCELLENT point

Archived