Mosley Usage

BCJet

Its not just the offensive coaches that dont seem to understand how to put their players in the best position to succeed.

Why on earth are we using Mosley as a blitzer, especially in a game where the TE is gashing us and we are routinely getting beaten on slats in the middle of the field?  He is NOT a fast player, who can get to the QB, he is an elite player when it comes to diagnosing plays who excels in zone coverage and we spend the entire game having him blitz?

The whole point of Saleh's scheme is to get to the QB rushing 4 and in some cases 5 players - yet we spend an entire game blitzing a QB who has excelled throughout his career in short to medium range passing and making good decisions.  We also didnt seem to bring our CBs inside and force Ryan and his WRs to beat us outside the hashes or down the field - 2 things that he struggles with at this point in his career.

I dont want to oversimplify things but it sure seems like the Defensive staff is outsmarting itself and really had a bad gameplan, lets hope it changes going forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its not just the offensive coaches that dont seem to understand how to put their players in the best position to succeed.

Why on earth are we using Mosley as a blitzer, especially in a game where the TE is gashing us and we are routinely getting beaten on slats in the middle of the field?  He is NOT a fast player, who can get to the QB, he is an elite player when it comes to diagnosing plays who excels in zone coverage and we spend the entire game having him blitz?

The whole point of Saleh's scheme is to get to the QB rushing 4 and in some cases 5 players - yet we spend an entire game blitzing a QB who has excelled throughout his career in short to medium range passing and making good decisions.  We also didnt seem to bring our CBs inside and force Ryan and his WRs to beat us outside the hashes or down the field - 2 things that he struggles with at this point in his career.

I dont want to oversimplify things but it sure seems like the Defensive staff is outsmarting itself and really had a bad gameplan, lets hope it changes going forward.

Maybe he doesn't know all three linebacker positions so All Gas No Brakes just had him fling himself toward the QB..

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I refuse to blame any of this on @slats

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

I understand your points and they seem valid but are you telling me that the Jets defensive staff - that gets paid millions of dollars - couldn't think of these answers or didn't consider the points that you are telling me? 

Kind of feel like Ulbrich got too cute with his gameplan this week. He was in Atlanta before he was with us, having DEs drop into coverage against two good TEs was absurd. So was giving them free reign in the intermediate range and dropping guys back 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

I understand your points and they seem valid but are you telling me that the Jets defensive staff - that gets paid millions of dollars - couldn't think of these answers or didn't consider the points that you are telling me? 

I understand your point as well but its not that simple.

Some weeks you want to change what you do in the hope that the offense prepared for what theyve seen on tape and wont be prepared if you change up your coverage, front, blitzes.

However, that is what you do versus a rookie QB, not matt ryan and on top of that, no matter what a team chooses to do schematically, they should always ensure their players are doing what they do best.  Mosely blitzing is simply not what he does best and if you want to try to "confuse" the offense by having him blitz vs drop, thats fine - do it once or twice but to have him consistently blitzing, while the middle of the field is getting abused play after play, then that is just stubborn. 

Kind of feel like Ulbrich got too cute with his gameplan this week. He was in Atlanta before he was with us, having DEs drop into coverage against two good TEs was absurd. So was giving them free reign in the intermediate range and dropping guys back 
This is an excellent point.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk