Jets fans in United Kingdom are as proud, loyal and miserable as their U.S. counterparts

LONDON — The New York Jets have been driving Gus Berridge to drink since 1984.

“It’s every Jets fan. If they say they haven’t they are liars,” he said while standing outside of The Barrowboy and Baker in London Bridge, the NFL’s official Jets fan pub for the week. He’ll be among a large group of loyal, UK Jets supporters at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Sunday’s game against the Falcons.

“We have not won anything, but the passion amongst the fans, I haven’t met another team— show me another team where the fans are as passionate as we are,” he said.

Berridge’s allegiance was born after the Jets and Giants took part in an NFL UK tour and stayed at the hotel where he was working. Berridge said he looked after former Jets linebacker Greg Buttle during his stay and has been a fan ever since. Coincidently, around the same time of the NFL’s visit, Berridge started playing for the Crawley Raiders, a UK-based American Football Club founded in 1984.

“He still owes me a jersey to this day and he owes me an apology for making me a Jets fan,” Berridge said. “It is his fault. I could have supported the Giants, but thank God I didn’t...”

lol

https://www.silive.com/jets/2021/10/jets-fans-in-united-kingdom-are-as-proud-loyal-and-miserable-as-their-us-counterparts.html