Jets | Agent says team has talked to him about Washington

Smizzy

Jets | Agent says team has talked to him about Washington

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:06:41 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports agent Angelo Wright said the New York Jets have had a couple of conversations with him about free agent DT Ted Washington (Raiders).

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Ted Washington would shore up the run defense in a hurry and free the Waste Of Many Draft Picks to make plays.

If we can improve the offensive line, the Jets may actually be able to compete next season. Not for a Super Bowl, I'm talking 9-7 or so, the stuff Jet division championships are made of.

I hated when the Pats let him go.

Always have been a huge Ted fan.

And I believe he still has enough gas left.

I hated when the Bears traded him. Those years with Washington and Traylor protecting him were some of Urlacher's best.

To no surprise, Harris/Tank/Scott have played tremendously well and Urlacher was a warrior last season. Things can only get better for this young group.

I would love for the Jets to get a young stud DT, someone to compliment DRob.

Washington would be a nice stop gap, but we need either for Pouha to step or a draftee that could play at a high level for several years.

Isnt he 40 damn years old now?

I dunno what to say about this. But I dont think he did anything in oakland at all, the past 2 years.

He's old, but he can still play. At the very least, Washington is an upgrade over Legree/harper/Reed and would provide a nice compliment to DRob, since he'd be splitting some time with Pouha.

Not a bad stop gap, imho. A year or two, until Pohua can step up full time, or an adequate replacement is found.

Originally, I dont want him because I rather to have either Kemoeatu or Warren. Right now, I think it is a good idea to rent Washington for a year or two to groom whoever is in our DT stock..

I am concerning of the possible Ramsey trade because I dont know how well will Jets spend on free agents and what kind deal Jets will accept as in return for JA...Because draft is so deep, Jets should keep 5th rounder..

PS I have a problem with internet lately and I dont read a whole Ramsey craps... I am not sure if there may be a deal of 2006 5th rounder ONLY or the conditional pick in 2007 ONLY or both for just Ramsey.

Archived