Patriots | Paper Thin at WR

Smizzy

Patriots | Thin at WR

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:14:19 -0800

The Boston Globe reports the New England Patriots only have two wide receivers - WRs Deion Branch and Bethel Johnson - from the 2005 season currently under contract.

Yikes

The Boston Globe reports the New England Patriots only have two wide receivers - WRs Deion Branch and Bethel Johnson - from the 2005 season currently under contract.

Two WR's under contract?

Since when is Bethel Johnson considered a "wide receiver".

The Pats need to unload that over rated dumbass.

For that reason alone I think David Givens will re-sign with the Patriots. I think we'll bring Dwight back too. That still doesn't change the fact that we'll probably draft another WR in the mid to late rounds.

oh, no......the Pats will only have two receivers gong into the season....:rolleyes:

Back to my reality: TX - I REALLY liked what I saw of Bam Childress and hope to see him returning kicks next year. Like you, Bethel has worn out his welcome with me too.

Patriots | Team was targeting Jurevicius

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:14:52 -0800

The Boston Globe reports the New England Patriots had targeted WR Joe Jurevicius in free agency, but he signed a four-year, $10 million contract with the Cleveland Browns.

Titans | Offer made to Givens

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:13:45 -0800

The Boston Globe reports the Tennessee Titans have made a formal contract offer to free agent WR David Givens (Patriots).

Pats are hurtin for a WR

Smizzy says the Pats reign is over.

Absolutely! They know it too - that's why they won't even bother trying to sign anyone....or blowing their horn to the media, which has always been their style. I hear BB and Pioli are taking an extended vacation, why draft for the future when there isn't one? Yup, they will just sit back and rest on their laurels. Polish the bling-bling while waiting to get a contract extension - because as we all know, the Patriots ALWAYS pay people for what they have done in the past.

Absolutely! They know it too - that's why they won't even bother trying to sign anyone....or blowing their horn to the media, which has always been their style. I hear BB and Pioli are taking an extended vacation, why draft for the future when there isn't one? Yup, they will just sit back and rest on their laurels. Polish the bling-bling while waiting to get a contract extension - because as we all know, the Patriots ALWAYS pay people for what they have done in the past.

Garby- you are starting to get IT!!!

yawn!!!!!!!!

go fix me a plate,,,

Sorry, SJ. I'm too busy reading the latest rumor about a Javon Walker trade to New England.....:yawn:

u mean the headcase from GB that even Favre coulnt stand,,,

and the same turd who has started 17 games in his 84 game career????

his numbers are Chad-like,,,:) :) :) :)

When you have Tom Brady throwing the ball, why would you worry about having great WRs? Just get mediocre ones and that's enough. It's not like the Patriots have had great WRs the past few years.

This is why I think WR is the last position to bother with. I'd rather we get a great QB in here, fix the O-line, and have a solid defense, rather than have a great RB and great WRs but not win anything.

When you have Tom Brady throwing the ball, why would you worry about having great WRs? Just get mediocre ones and that's enough. It's not like the Patriots have had great WRs the past few years.

This is why I think WR is the last position to bother with. I'd rather we get a great QB in here, fix the O-line, and have a solid defense, rather than have a great RB and great WRs but not win anything.

Defense is a greater concern for the Pats. They can draft a wr and sign a couple decent ones in free agency.

Peter King was just on 1050 espn radio and said the Pats arent worrying

because they have a hidden gem at wide receiver already on the roster.

His name is Tom Brady.

Actually if I were to guess it would be Ben Watson. I know it sounds crazy but I think everyone saw just how fast he can run. I would prefer him at TE where there really isn't anyone that can stay with him for more than 10 yds.

Actually if I were to guess it would be Ben Watson. I know it sounds crazy but I think everyone saw just how fast he can run. I would prefer him at TE where there really isn't anyone that can stay with him for more than 10 yds.

Husker, your avatar is hilarious.

Archived