How I Would Address FA

BurntDice

Said another way, this off season JD needs to sign real impact starters and not hold the fort guys.  These players would be paid top of the market.  S and WR In particular stand out as positions where we could use impact players.  

Note that we did sign injury-prone Lawson from the Bengals while the Bengals signed Pro Bowler Hendrickson for the exact same money.  That 

On 12/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, Maynard13 said:

Fins 32nd ranked rushing team embarrassed the Jets DL - yet again. Hands down, our DL is pathetic. It needs to be turned over, upside down. QW has been incredibly disappointing this year. Is he going to be resigned? Wow. JFM. WTF ? Where did this guy go? I mean this is just deplorable.  A 4-3 defense where all 7 of these guys need to be replaced LOL ? It’s like JD may just have to draft a DL in 1st round this is so bad and trade QW who is just a busy. I wouldn’t be shocked if JD grabs that DL from Bama Jordan Davis 330 6’6.  I mean something MUST be done. 

Hear ya, but I blame the scheme more than I blame the players at this point. Here's the reason. We have no pass rush therefore, TE's or a single tackle can block from the outside, which leaves the rest of the OL focusing on QW and FAT, or Rankins. This produces holes the size of Montana... If they were to shrink the spacing between the front 4 I believe that would help a great deal.

The only way this scheme works is if we can get a BOSA type, with Lawson coming back next year. (knock on wood he returns to form) Even if that happens, I still believe we are susceptible to the run somewhat unless we also focus on more LB's. I love Quincy W, but he's still raw as with A. Davis.