Could Jets overplay their hand?

4HCrew

Now with the Bucs pursuing Ramsey could the Jets trying to haggle with the Falcons blow up in their face? Ramsey to the Bucs, Schaub stays, McCown has zero interest and the jets get ????? Kerry Collins and draft someone

For some reason just seeing this happen. I am rooting for Schaub hope the Jets FO has their eyes open

Same old Jets.

TX-I don't understand your point.

Are you saying that the Jets should overpay in fear of losing what they covet, and it turn make a bad move?

OR

Are you saying the Jets should hold their ground, there are alternatives and wait for value to come to you?

Which is the "Same old Jets"?

I value your opinion, so that is why I am asking

Are you saying that the Jets should overpay in fear of losing what they covet, and it turn make a bad move?

SD , he's rooting for the jets to do that so he has new material...

Now with the Bucs pursuing Ramsey could the Jets trying to haggle with the Falcons blow up in their face? Ramsey to the Bucs, Schaub stays, McCown has zero interest and the jets get ????? Kerry Collins and draft someone

For some reason just seeing this happen. I am rooting for Schaub hope the Jets FO has their eyes open

ESPN Radio: Falcons Hot For Abe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Atlanta Falcons message board, Espn radio and Chris Mortenson are reporting John Abraham will visit Atlanta on Friday and see if they can agree on parameters for a long term contract. Falcons are willing to part with QB Matt Schaub and nothing higher than their 3rd round pick for Abe. Jets are willing to do the deal if they can get the Falcons FO to extend Schaub's contract.

ESPN Radio: Falcons Hot For Abe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Atlanta Falcons message board, Espn radio and Chris Mortenson are reporting John Abraham will visit Atlanta on Friday and see if they can agree on parameters for a long term contract. Falcons are willing to part with QB Matt Schaub and nothing higher than their 3rd round pick for Abe. Jets are willing to do the deal if they can get the Falcons FO to extend Schaub's contract.

So basically it becomes a backup QB, and a 3rd rounder (mid 3rd) for a premier pass rusher, who probably puts Atlanta in the driver's seat for the NFC Championship next season.

Can't we get a conditional pick added in?

OR

Are you saying the Jets should hold their ground, there are alternatives and wait for value to come to you?

Which is the "Same old Jets"?

I value your opinion, so that is why I am asking

Dierk,

I'm just busting chops on this.

The example is a worse case scenario, thus, my "same old Jets" comment.

I think the majority (certainly not all) Jets fans are getting a little antsy because of slow FA activity and the lack of a QB acquired.

The lack of information coming out of Hofstra only exasperates the situation.

Here's my honest take:

Mangini and company have made a committment not to overspend on FA's. That is playing out rather clearly.

Second, teams are built throught the draft, and not with FA's. I have no doubt that Mangini and company have multiple different scenarios going into the draft.

Why make trades now when the overall 4th pick value will continue to climb approaching draft day?

With that said, I don't think the Jets make any deals prior to draft day.

Come draft day, I would expect the Jets to be extremely active and in wheeling and dealing.

Just my opinion.

Dierk,

I'm just busting chops on this.

The example is a worse case scenario, thus, my "same old Jets" comment.

I think the majority (certainly not all) Jets fans are getting a little antsy because of slow FA activity and the lack of a QB acquired.

The lack of information coming out of Hofstra only exasperates the situation.

Here's my honest take:

Mangini and company have made a committment not to overspend on FA's. That is playing out rather clearly.

Second, teams are built throught the draft, and not with FA's. I have no doubt that Mangini and company have multiple different scenarios going into the draft.

Why make trades now when the overall 4th pick value will continue to climb approaching draft day?

With that said, I don't think the Jets make any deals prior to draft day.

Come draft day, I would expect the Jets to be extremely active and in wheeling and dealing.

Just my opinion.

I totally agree. I don't think this FO will become enamored with players and consider anyone "must have" to complete their team. They will have a plan B, C and D.

QB is a tough one. They probably have a narrow window, but I still don'tthink they will overpay. They will allow value to come to them.

You bust chops? Really?

I would not give this regime any credit until the draft is over. I do not mind them being patient so it will just be a matter of time for them to show their true hands. With all of the possibilities going on there is as much of a chance of them getting fleeced as successful With no track record it is anyones guess.

With all of the possibilities going on there is as much of a chance of them getting fleeced as successful With no track record it is anyones guess.

It's not like it's Mangini's first NFL draft.

He has been through several very successful drafts with the Pats.

Granted, he is calling the shots this time around, but philosophically, he has enough experience to get the job done.

Granted, he is calling the shots this time around, but philosophically, he has enough experience to get the job done.

That is ALL we are talking about here-PHILOSOPHY.

Heck, we won't know results for a couple of years

Granted, he is calling the shots this time around, but philosophically, he has enough experience to get the job done.[/quote THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD DRAFT YOUNG ,LOOK WHAT THEY DID WITH BRADY 6 RD,SHORT PASSES DOWN THE FIELD ,IS HOW THEY WON THIER FIRST SB!!!

That is ALL we are talking about here-PHILOSOPHY.

Exactly!

Here's what Mangini needs to achieve in this draft:

3 immediate starters

3 rotational players who are on the field consistently

3 ST/role players

If he gets that, Jets fans should be extremely pleased.

If Schaub becomes a solid QB, then Abe and a 3rd is really a great move. If Schaub is AJ Feeley part deux, then this is a bust of magnanimous proportions. The Jets should make the deal Abe for Schaub and a conditional pick next year. If Schaub turns out to be solid this season, then take ATL's 4th or 5th rounder next season. If he is a total bust, take their 1st or 2nd rounder of next year. At least this way we have some insurance in the matter.

Archived