Seatle more close to a deal

Jack Straw

I don't want to the Douche bag who keeps bringing these rumors up, but it's from NFL.com

Meanwhile, in a blockbuster trade that is purely speculation at this point, Pro Bowl defensive end John Abraham, whom the Jets finally were able to deal, was sent to Seattle for the Seahawks' first-round draft pick, the 31st overall selection. The deal is contingent upon the Seahawks being able to sign Abraham to a long-term contract extension, something that has been challenging the past couple of seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9300482

Meanwhile, in a blockbuster trade that is purely speculation at this point, Pro Bowl defensive end John Abraham, whom the Jets finally were able to deal, was sent to Seattle for the Seahawks' first-round draft pick, the 31st overall selection. The deal is contingent upon the Seahawks being able to sign Abraham to a long-term contract extension, something that has been challenging the past couple of seasons.

Well, is it purely speculation or contingent upon?? That is kinda contradicting.

Jets | Abraham headed to Seattle?

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:15:45 -0800

Adam Schefter, of <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/156">NFL.com, reports there is speculation the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Seattle Seahawks for the 31st selection in the upcoming NFL Draft. The deal would be contingent on the Seahawks being able to sign him to a long-term deal:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

HELP

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9300482

Meanwhile, IN A BLOCKBUSTER TRADE THAT IS PURELY SPECULATION BY THE JETS, YET CONFIRMED BY TWO TEAMS INTERESTED IN JOHN ABRAHAM, the Pro Bowl defensive end, whom the Jets finally were able to deal, was sent to Seattle for the Seahawks' first-round draft pick, the 31st overall selection. The deal is contingent upon the Seahawks being able to sign Abraham to a long-term contract extension, something that has been challenging the past couple of seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/

I got this.........................

The 31st pick is a pile of dung for a player like Abraham. You are getting a 2nd round talent at that pick.

That trade would suck. I rather keep Abe.

Not that I'd be happy just getting the 31st pick for Abe,but in a draft this deep,we'll actually end up getting a 1st round talent with our 2nd round pick.

If we trade with Seattle,we should be getting at least a 1st and then either a 3rd this year,or a 2nd next year.

Not that I'd be happy just getting the 31st pick for Abe,but in a draft this deep,we'll actually end up getting a 1st round talent with our 2nd round pick.

If we trade with Seattle,we should be getting at least a 1st and then either a 3rd this year,or a 2nd next year.

If we get an extra 2nd or 3rd id like it a little more. But for the 31st straight up? Uh-uh.

NEW YORK -- The New York Jets want to send disgruntled defensive end John Abraham to the Seattle Seahawks.

A person familiar with the negotiations, who didn't want to be identified because the talks were ongoing, said Friday the Seahawks have presented the best trade package for Abraham: a first-round pick. Atlanta, which has also been talking to the Jets, is only willing to give up a second-rounder.

The source said the Jets are leaning toward Seattle because they want to get the most value for the three-time Pro Bowl selection.

But the situation is more complicated than making a trade happen. The Seahawks must come to an agreement on a long-term deal with Abraham, and that hasn't happened so far.

Abraham, who is from South Carolina, is believed to prefer Atlanta and spent the last two days there visiting with the team.

Abraham visited Seattle earlier this week, after being flown into town on owner Paul Allen's private plane. Abraham's agents, Rich Rosa and Tony Agnone, didn't return repeated phone calls seeking comment.

Seattle has other financial matters to deal with, which further complicates the issue. All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson signed a $49 million, seven-year offer sheet with Minnesota last Sunday. It included $16 million guaranteed.

But his future will be decided by an arbitration process, delaying the Sunday deadline for the team to match the offer. The NFL Players Association said the league has filed a claim on behalf of the Seahawks contending a clause in the offer sheet Hutchinson signed with the Vikings last weekend circumvents the league's labor contract.

That would mean that Seattle does not have to match that clause to keep Hutchinson, who is designated as their transition player. The clause in question would guarantee Hutchinson the entire contract sum if Hutchinson is not the team's highest-paid offensive lineman.

The Jets should have the upper hand in the situation since they still have the rights to Abraham. But it is apparent more conflict is brewing about where he goes.

New York placed the franchise tag on Abraham for the second straight year, but he has made it clear he wants out of New York. The Jets have also made it obvious that Abraham has no future with them.

The 27-year-old Abraham is unhappy the Jets have failed to deliver a long-term deal, even though they all but assured him they would if he played in every game in 2005. He did, but was given a one-year, $8.33 million franchise tender.

The deal with Seattle for the 31st overall pick is good, but the Jets need to get another draft pick out of them. It could be for 2006 or 2007, but one is not enough. Abe is a pro bowl player that the Jets could easily shop for awhile. It's simple supply and demand. The Jets have the supply, therefore they make the demands.

The deal with Seattle for the 31st overall pick is good, but the Jets need to get another draft pick out of them. It could be for 2006 or 2007, but one is not enough. Abe is a pro bowl player that the Jets could easily shop for awhile. It's simple supply and demand. The Jets have the supply, therefore they make the demands.

I totally agree..........with the 31st pick, the Jets can pickup Nick Mangold or Max Jean Gilles.:)

pending on an arbitraitor, the demand may be deminshed to the min.

pending on an arbitraitor, the demand may be deminshed to the min.

There is no way an arbitratior can make the Jets trade him anywhere. Don't be bleedin ignorant. If your boys want him bad enough, they'll just sign him. The Jets will be more than happy to take two first round picks for him.

There is no way an arbitratior can make the Jets trade him anywhere. Don't be bleedin ignorant. If your boys want him bad enough, they'll just sign him. The Jets will be more than happy to take two first round picks for him.

This is a test for this new regeme to show what they are made of. THEY MUST STAND FIRM. THEY CANNOT CONTINUE LETTING OTHER TEAMS WALK ALL OVER THEM IN THE TRADITION OF BRADWAY. Forget the falcons, they are trying to lowball us. And with the seahawks the 31th pick is NOT ENOUGH they MUST get their 2nd as well or there should be no deal.

This is a test for this new regeme to show what they are made of. THEY MUST STAND FIRM. THEY CANNOT CONTINUE LETTING OTHER TEAMS WALK ALL OVER THEM IN THE TRADITION OF BRADWAY. Forget the falcons, they are trying to lowball us. And with the seahawks the 31th pick is NOT ENOUGH they MUST get their 2nd as well or there should be no deal.

I hear ya. I may consider their first and a third too. But, if I can get their second? That's just the cherry on top.

I hear ya. I may consider their first and a third too. But, if I can get their second? That's just the cherry on top.

The 31th pick and the last pick of the 2nd round is less then he's worth not a cherry on top. The jets should just keep him if thats all they can get for him. They hold all the cards in this situation so i really hope they don't deal him out of panic.

The 31th pick and the last pick of the 2nd round is less then he's worth not a cherry on top. The jets should just keep him if thats all they can get for him. They hold all the cards in this situation so i really hope they don't deal him out of panic.

Don't misunderstand what I wrote. I said a first and a third. That's what I've always said. A first and a second? The second is better than a third, thus a cherry on top.

not what I mean. I mean the arbitraitor that is handling the steve huthcison case. if he decides that the guranteed clause is not fair, he'll rule for the hawks, and the hawks will then match the offer to hutchison. and that basically leaves them with no cap space = no abe contract agreement

not what I mean. I mean the arbitraitor that is handling the steve huthcison case. if he decides that the guranteed clause is not fair, he'll rule for the hawks, and the hawks will then match the offer to hutchison. and that basically leaves them with no cap space = no abe contract agreement

Then the Jets will keep him, if Atlanta doesn't meet their demands. You seem to think that the Jets have to deal Abe. They don't.

Then the Jets will keep him, if Atlanta doesn't meet their demands. You seem to think that the Jets have to deal Abe. They don't.

Falcons fans aren't the brightest bunch on the planet, they seem to not be able to realize that. And the Falcons and Seahawks aren't the only two teams in this, I can see the Broncos getting back into it. In fact, they're probably the most likely place he lands, since they're being a bit more quiet about it. It's very likely that Mangini is using the former two teams to pressure the Broncos into giving away their higher pick.

Falcons fans aren't the brightest bunch on the planet, they seem to not be able to realize that. And the Falcons and Seahawks aren't the only two teams in this, I can see the Broncos getting back into it. In fact, they're probably the most likely place he lands, since they're being a bit more quiet about it. It's very likely that Mangini is using the former two teams to pressure the Broncos into giving away their higher pick.

Could very well be the case. Cimini did say there was a 3rd team involved but could not say what team that was. I have a feeling the deal will be done soon and the Jets will be getting a first rounder. Just not sure who's first that will be.

Archived