One reason why we should sweep the Cheats this year ...

12 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't know how we can say this?  I don't know how we can't.  The run D was horrific in 2021 and they literally let the one guy that wasn't a liability against the run walk. I have to admit that I am not sure what the FL stands for, but what did they add?  Who was injured on the line?  Lawson?  He's not exactly known as a run stuffer.  What LBs are different?  Seems to me Mosley, Williams, Sherwood and Nasrildeen are still the bodies.  I don't think spinning Cashman for a 6th actually helps the run D.  

I would assume that the hopes are that the improved corners let the safeties and LBs concentrate more on stopping the run.  Two of the DEs they added, Johnson and Clemons, seemt to be able to set the edge and play the run.  Maybe Whitehead will help. Still, they absolutely blew against the run and did very little to help on paper.

Well it also doesn’t help the run D when your O does so bad that the D is on the field all day. If the O can sustain drives more consistently the run D will not be so bad as the D will not always be so worn out by the 2nd half of games.

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, slats said:

Sorry, but it’s not like there’s a game coming up this weekend. My glass is pretty consistently half full, and I enjoy thinking about and discussing the possibilities during the offseason. Conversely, yours hasn’t seen the halfway mark in quite some time, and you now seem to prefer residing chest high in quicksand. Did you think I was somehow unaware that I was talking about potentialities? Talent was added, players improve. Chin up, buddy, things may actually be looking up!

One man's pessimism, is another man's realism 

This thread says they should sweep the pats 

That would be nice, but it's not that realistic 

Only the Bills have a decent shot to sweep any of the divisional series. Like many other divisions, teams will be beating up on each other in the AFC East. I think there is a good chance the Jets, Fins and Pats all split. 

I think the Pats will not be as good as they were last year. 10-7 was an outlier IMO and they A. lost more talent than they gained B. Mac Jones was exposed in the playoffs and C. they have a pretty tough schedule. 

Dolphins x2, Bills x2, Jets x2, Steelers, Packers, Lions, Ravens, Browns, Bears, Colts, Vikings, Cardinals, Bengals, Raiders. 

You never know with BB, nobody predicted 10 wins last year. But I'm looking at this schedule and I'm guessing what? 5 wins? 

1 minute ago, faba said:

Great to be optimistic but to say we will sweep the Pats is not really being sensible. More likely a split until we can see the improved roster making improvements on the field

the Jets haven't won a single division game in 3 years 

Saleh's never won one. 

talk of a sweep is premature

how about they win a damn division game first? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1