My favorite LBer in this class early on

AFJF

Jacoby Windmon.  UNLV transfer to Mich St.  Watched a Utah State game last year to look at one of their WR's and this dude was all over the field.  Finished the game with 16 tackles so I went and watched four or five more of his games and he didn't disappoint.  Will be watching closely.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2022 at 5:55 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

LBers are worth watching - you have to figure there is a good chance they draft one to fill Mosley’s roll.   That would give them 1-2 years to learn.  

There are a few LB's I really like who I'll be keeping an eye on.  In the case of Windmon, it looks like Mich St. has moved him to DE permanently but this doesn't mean an NFL team can't/won't use him as a LB or a bit of both.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Need a fast lb that can conver tes and has a nose for the ball

Feel like he has that ability but blowing it up as a DE after Mich St moved him there.  Gonna' depend on which team takes him and how they envision him.

• 1 month later...

Dumb move by Windmon.  Suspended after getting involved in the melee in the tunnel after the Michigan game.  Had been moved back to LB where he logged 23 tackles over the past two games and became the first player in school history to be named Big 10 defensive player of the week 3 times in a season.

No idea what the suspension does to his draft stock.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-football/ex-rebel-among-latest-suspended-for-fight-at-michigan-2668323/