RIP Tony Siragusa

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I was living in Clark at the time, and took my 3 boys to see them play Johnson in a playoff game that year. Brearley killed them. You guys also had a LB on that team that went to UCLA and played in the NFL, for Miami I believe. Can’t remember his name. Goose and Vince Wilfork are the 2 best NT’s I ever saw. RIP Tony.?

What year did you graduate from ALJ? Us Garwood kids were all shipped over to Kenilworth from the early 70's, before that, my older brother and sister both graduated from Arthur L Johnson in 65 and 69, I always wished that we were able to go there too-most of us hated Kenilworth, the only good thing that came out of it was a few times getting laid and the musicians that I met and some are still friends to this day.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I was living in Clark at the time, and took my 3 boys to see them play Johnson in a playoff game that year. Brearley killed them. You guys also had a LB on that team that went to UCLA and played in the NFL, for Miami I believe. Can’t remember his name. Goose and Vince Wilfork are the 2 best NT’s I ever saw. RIP Tony.?

My brother was the center for ALJ (Clark) that year and I too was at that game. Tony was a big boy, nice guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

What year did you graduate from ALJ? Us Garwood kids were all shipped over to Kenilworth from the early 70's, before that, my older brother and sister both graduated from Arthur L Johnson in 65 and 69, I always wished that we were able to go there too-most of us hated Kenilworth, the only good thing that came out of it was a few times getting laid and the musicians that I met and some are still friends to this day.

Didn’t go to ALJ, just lived in Clark. I think the LB that played with Goose was Mike Chalenski?

6 hours ago, section314 said:

Didn’t go to ALJ, just lived in Clark. I think the LB that played with Goose was Mike Chalenski?

Yes, Mike is the son of a friend of my sister Joan, Lynne Chalenski I remember her as a long haired beautiful blonde

• Sympathy 1

On 6/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, Maxman said:

I saw the rumors earlier and was hoping this wasn't true. Tony defined the word legend. Had the opportunity to get to know him years ago through Uncle Tony and Classic Harley.  He held these amazing tailgates for us with Heineken. He was so nice, so humble and so funny.

We would go to his restaurant and the absolute best was one time we were all sitting at the table. This young girl comes up and says they asked me to get your autograph.  The response she got, was why? She said they told me the big guy used to be a football player.

The whole table busts out laughing. She was looking at, and talking to, @De-Jet-Erate/Duane.  What are the odds of being told that the big guy at the table was a football player and picking out the wrong big guy.

The girl was embarassed but Tony Siragusa was so cool to her, gave his autographs and he had fun busting Duane's balls the rest of the night.

Our prayers are with your family.  This is rough, you were truly larger than life.  Rest in peace Tony.

Those definitely were some awesome tailgates! Heineken and Gooses Bar BQ served to us by his girls. We were living like rock stars!

R I P Goose.

• Sympathy 1

On 6/25/2022 at 11:05 AM, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Those definitely were some awesome tailgates! Heineken and Gooses Bar BQ served to us by his girls. We were living like rock stars!

R I P Goose.

If you dig up any photos from those tailgates or you hanging with Goose, definitely post them.  Good times for sure.