Abraham intent on playing in Atlanta

tonysxl1200c

Jets | Abraham intent on playing in Atlanta

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:35:15 -0800

"Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports New York Jets franchise free agent DE John Abraham is intent on playing for the Atlanta Falcons, his agent, Tony Agnone, confirmed Sunday, March 19. The contract agreement he reached Friday, March 17, with Atlanta and his word are his bond. The Jets have thwarted Abraham's relocation by treating the Falcons' trade offer of a second-round draft pick as insufficient. Instead, the Jets have agreed to trade him to the Seattle Seahawks for a first-round draft choice, and that decision has left Abraham "not happy," according to Agnone. In a brief e-mail to the Journal-Constitution, Agnone said there had been no developments in the saga over the weekend. Though things were quiet over the weekend, the Falcons confirmed talks are expected to resume as soon as Monday, March 20."

Well, if he's so "intent" on playing in Atlanta, why doesnt he just sign the contract he has with Atlanta, and have the Falcons sign off as well, give up the 2 first round picks, and be done with it?

Until the Jets say so, his rights belong to them. The teams should have been the ones negotiating terms, and if reached, let Abe then talk contract. It is really of no concern to us if Abe has a contract agreement or not, because without both teams signing off on the deal, the contract is as valuable as yesterday's newspaper.

Should be a really interesting Monday, as Seattle should know tomorrow if they're keeping Hutchinson or not.

Stay tuned.....

Jets | Abraham intent on playing in Atlanta

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:35:15 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports New York Jets franchise free agent DE John Abraham is intent on playing for the Atlanta Falcons, his agent, Tony Agnone, confirmed Sunday, March 19. The contract agreement he reached Friday, March 17, with Atlanta and his word are his bond. The Jets have thwarted Abraham's relocation by treating the Falcons' trade offer of a second-round draft pick as insufficient. Instead, the Jets have agreed to trade him to the Seattle Seahawks for a first-round draft choice, and that decision has left Abraham "not happy," according to Agnone. In a brief e-mail to the Journal-Constitution, Agnone said there had been no developments in the saga over the weekend. Though things were quiet over the weekend, the Falcons confirmed talks are expected to resume as soon as Monday, March 20.

Poor Johnny pooh isn't happy? **** him. Im so sick & tired of this pre madonna POS... the same scumbag who was "too injured " to help his team in the playoffs wants to make demands? Ive got a demand for you....Shove your franchise tag up your overrated ass.

I need an anti- abraham avatar or sig,asap. Something with Abe holding a box of summers eve.

PHUCK YOU ABE

like many of us falcon fans have said already, just give em' our 2nd and 3rd and get it over with...

Seeing as how you just traded your fourth round pick to Cleveland for Chris Crocker, do you really want to be without your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th?

Wouldn't it be better to have Abraham and your 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th?

The contract agreement he reached Friday, March 17, with Atlanta and his word are his bond

What the hell is this crap, this is completely and utterly disgusting... no one gives a sh!t about his "Word", he does not get the final say on where he goes, we do, and after dirtbagging us in the playoffs and sitting out whenever he feels like it, who honestly gives a sh!t whether he is happy or not. This is infuriating, and this situation has to be unprecedented. I really hope Mang and Tannenbaum dont fold to this loser Abraham and his scumbag friend Rich Mckay.

The price is a #1, or sign him and pay 2 #1s. Either pay up or stop bellyaching. Speaking of which, you don't know bellyaching until Abraham comes anywhere near a game that really matters. His stomach, his knee, his hammy, his BS me-first attitude.Pretty much every injury but a broken heart or a bruised vag, and there's still time where ever he winds up to check off those.

I would love to see the look on his face if the Jets told him forget about the trade, why don't you just come back here and play another year? That would be priceless.

That being said, I was just on a Cleveland message board, and the Abe situation is even being talked about there. They can't believe Atlanta is being so stingy with Schaub and their 1st rounder. Now that's an unbiased opinion.

lol, I love how some of you think you're the gm of the jets and Im the gm of the falcons. you're gonna have to take our 2nd and 3rd which is worth more than the 31st overall pick.

Actually, we don't have to take anything as John Abraham is a Jet in 2006 unless another team makes an offer they find acceptable.

QuikVick i'll ask you again. You're comfortable with the Falcons only having a 1st, 5th, 6th and 7th under your trade scenario?

yeah, we need starters, not depth. If we get abe, our front 7 is completly set as any draft pick in the front 7 (except maybe dt) would be a waste. Only thing we need, not including if we get abe is a

De

run-stopping dt

another safety

O-line

besides that we're set.

we could always use upgrades at rb and maybe cb, but if we didn't, we'd still be very good.

yeah, we need starters, not depth. If we get abe, our front 7 is completly set as any draft pick, except maybe dt, would be a waste. Only thing we need, not including if we get abe is a

De

run-stopping dt

another safety

O-line

besides that we're set.

Jets have a really good DT we could trade you.

All it would cost you is a bag of balls.

lol, I love how some of you think you're the gm of the jets and Im the gm of the falcons. you're gonna have to take our 2nd and 3rd which is worth more than the 31st overall pick.

You're the one who thinks your the Gm of the Falcons and we HAVE to listen to what you say. **** John Abraham...I guarantee the Jets keep him before they deal his sorry,ungreatfull ass to Atlanta.

You know, I was just looking at this thread while devouring a chicken parmigean, and I realized something...

while Abraham is behaving like a piece of sh1t, the real scumbags in this situation are Herm and Badway, with herm out there sitting in KC he must be smiling his ass off, him and bw created a total monster and just up and left before paying the consequences... Actually, Herm basically got his job through scumbagging the Jets organization. They signed a bunch of aging vets to HUGE contracts that were heavily backloaded... so they could get to the first round of the playoffs...

Awww, poor little Johnny Abe. Maybe if he played in meaningfull games and wasn't hurt 30% of the freakin' time he would've gotten his deal.

Well JAbe, F#CK YOU A$$HOLE!!!! hahahahahahahaha we own you. You're either getting Atlanta to give us a 1st round pick or you're staying here or your signing on with Seattle and going there. You don't like it? Tough ****. We can franchise you until you die!!!

robertson?

Yeah, Jets will likely wait and see if they can make something of him this year and if he can fill the role of playing multiple positions. He can be dominant at times - but most of the time is just very lazy.

you do know our 2nd and 3rd is worth more that seattles 1st..?

Its really not though.

We'd get a much better player at #31 than 47 or your 3rd rd pick.

The Jets will keep Abraham before they fall to their knees and accept a pathetic offer of a 2nd and 3rd rd pick from the Falcons.

Its really not though.

We'd get a much better player at #31 than 47 or your 3rd rd pick.

The Jets will keep Abraham before they fall to their knees and accept a pathetic offer of a 2nd and 3rd rd pick from the Falcons.

trade up with those picks then. the broncos are looking to trade down, you could easily get there 29 with those 2 picks.

trade up with those picks then. the broncos are looking to trade down, you could easily get there 29 with those 2 picks.

Why would we do that when we can have 31? There's not a big difference between 29 and 31. 31 and 47, there is.

You know, I was just looking at this thread while devouring a chicken parmigean, and I realized something...

while Abraham is behaving like a piece of sh1t, the real scumbags in this situation are Herm and Badway, with herm out there sitting in KC he must be smiling his ass off, him and bw created a total monster and just up and left before paying the consequences... Actually, Herm basically got his job through scumbagging the Jets organization. They signed a bunch of aging vets to HUGE contracts that were heavily backloaded... so they could get to the first round of the playoffs...

IMO that was Herms intent sometime during the past 2 seasons. To totally F- the Jets organization over so they're F- ed talentwise & salary cap wise. So he could land the KC HC job.

He's a scumbag in every sense of the word.

Yeah, Jets will likely wait and see if they can make something of him this year and if he can fill the role of playing multiple positions. He can be dominant at times - but most of the time is just very lazy.

I heard he was coming on a little, but hes still in the class of ryan sims, jonathon sulvian etc. The falcons are blessed with the best dt in football, rod coleman. we just need an anchor right next to him and he could easily get 15 sacks. I've watched every falcon game of his, i've only seen him stopped once dead in his tracks, and that was against Seattle with hutchison and a tobeck doubling him. besides that, im sure hes had a qb pressure in every game hes played.

And how do you know this? :yawn:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687

falcons 2nd(47)-430 pts

falcons 3rd(79)-195 points

=625

Broncos 1st(29)-640

throw in your 7th maybe to make it a done deal. plus I saw this on kffl

Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

Archived