http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687

falcons 2nd(47)-430 pts

falcons 3rd(79)-195 points

=625

Broncos 1st(29)-640

throw in your 7th maybe to make it a done deal. plus I saw this on kffl

Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

werent you just talking about how we were trying to be the gm(even though its actually you), and that its stupid, because we arent, and that we dont know what they'll do...nor does anyone else?

then you bring up this crap, that just b/c its equal value and you saw it on another site, you know what their gm would do

i cant decide if i want us to not deal with the falcons b/c theyre trying to lowball us...or keep trying and get that first, then abe get hurt next year and rob them of cap space....its a very tough decision

you do know our 2nd and 3rd is worth more that seattles 1st..?

Its really not though.

We'd get a much better player at #31 than 47 or your 3rd rd pick.

The Jets will keep Abraham before they fall to their knees and accept a pathetic offer of a 2nd and 3rd rd pick from the Falcons.

This is, pretty much, what we've been saying all weekend. The Jets aren't going to trade him unless it's worth their while.

you do know our 2nd and 3rd is worth more that seattles 1st..?

No it isn't. What draft chart are you using? The outdated leaked chart that was specifically for an unknown team for an unknown year about a decade ago? Probably, because it's the only leaked one I know of. Maybe you have a better one, but I doubt it's either the Falcon's or Jets draft value chart for the 2006 draft. I don't even know if teams have locked in their draft value charts yet.

This draft has about 35 players as first round talent. Other drafts have..at times...1, but on average about 15 or so. After the dropoff in talent, a good draft value chart for the right draft can have a 2nd and 3rd be worth more than a 1st, however, it is extremely unlikely that in this draft the values would work out that way.

But even so, you're employing a few invalid assumptions:

1) We HAVE to trade Abraham in the first place.

2) The Seahawks will give their 1st round pick and only their first round pick

3) There are no other teams aside from the Seahawks and Falcons interested in Abraham and

4) The Falcons will not change their position to offering the 15th pick.

For 1, we can keep him for a year, it doesn't harm us at all. We have the cap space, we're rebuilding. If he's good and we think he will fit next year, we can either franchise him again or sign a long term deal, or we can do the same dance again. The 2nd is by no means true either, because neither of us has knowledge of the talks with the Seahawks. The offer could be the 1st and the 4th, which would still be more than Falcons offer even using your value chart. The third definitely isn't true, because the Broncos were rumoured to be interested, offering either a 22 or 29, again those picks are better than the Falcons offer, and it's been confirmed that atleast one other team is interested in Abraham. We don't know who that team is, so it could even be better than a 15th pick. The 4th isn't really a sure thing either way, but obviously that means you can't say the negative of the 4th is true either.

If your purpose is to annoy us and look like a jackass, you're doing a great job of it. If you want Abraham though, you're going to have to pony up and pay the piper.

But even so, you're employing a few invalid assumptions:

1) We HAVE to trade Abraham in the first place.

2) The Seahawks will give their 1st round pick and only their first round pick

3) There are no other teams aside from the Seahawks and Falcons interested in Abraham and

4) The Falcons will not change their position to offering the 15th pick.

wow, talk about making yourself look like an idiot. I won't quote the rest so you don't look like that HUGE of an idiot

1. this is probaly the only true one. you don't have to, but you should. You didn't have to restructure pennigton, but you did. you didn't have to trade herm, but you did.

2. like carlos mencia would say it, "they already agreed on the trade! dur-dur-dur"

3. you're assuming there is, and if they were interested, they would've said something by now with him on the verge of being traded possibly this week.

4. the falcons have already well-stated they do not, and will not give their 1st up.

so uh..best off you stop posting so people don't think you're dur-dur-dur in the head. ok?

werent you just talking about how we were trying to be the gm(even though its actually you), and that its stupid, because we arent, and that we dont know what they'll do...nor does anyone else?

then you bring up this crap, that just b/c its equal value and you saw it on another site, you know what their gm would do

i cant decide if i want us to not deal with the falcons b/c theyre trying to lowball us...or keep trying and get that first, then abe get hurt next year and rob them of cap space....its a very tough decision

Im stating what would work, not telling you something like say...

Ummmm, no. Fork over pick #15 or Schaub or find yourself another pro bowl DE. It is simple, really. After all, there are so many of them available.

wow, talk about making yourself look like an idiot. I won't quote the rest so you don't look like that HUGE of an idiot

1. this is probaly the only true one. you don't have to, but you should. You didn't have to restructure pennigton, but you did. you didn't have to trade herm, but you did.

2. like carlos mencia would say it, "they already agreed on the trade! dur-dur-dur"

3. you're assuming there is, and if they were interested, they would've said something by now with him on the verge of being traded possibly this week.

4. the falcons have already well-stated they do not, and will not give their 1st up.

so uh..best off you stop posting so people don't think you're dur-dur-dur in the head. ok?

Wow, that's the best you can do? Try to point to a typo that even someone as dimwitted as you understood was a typo, and correctly filled in later on in your post? You don't even realize how bad that makes you look, do you?

The rest of your post is ad hominem attacks. Go back to "flame" school and don't post again until you can write a decent one. That **** was weak, and you know it.

Wow, that's the best you can do? Try to point to a typo that even someone as dimwitted as you understood was a typo, and correctly filled in later on in your post? You don't even realize how bad that makes you look, do you?

The rest of your post is ad hominem attacks. Go back to "flame" school and don't post again until you can write a decent one. That **** was weak, and you know it.

? what're you talking about? is that your way of saying you have no response?

Wow... you know it's Dee dee dee, right? If you're going to try and slam someone, at least get it right.

And, since Seattle has the better offer on the table (First round pick > second and third), it's up to your team to up the ante.

If (a big if) the Falcs end up with Abe, keep your eye on him around the end of the season, especially if there is a roster bonus coming up. He refused to play in the playoffs because he was worried about his next contract. The Falcs management must know this. I will be glad when he is an ex-Jet.

If (a big if) the Falcs end up with Abe, keep your eye on him around the end of the season, especially if there is a roster bonus coming up. He refused to play in the playoffs because he was worried about his next contract. The Falcs management must know this. I will be glad when he is an ex-Jet.

long-term contract = no money worries.

also I thought I should post this. not my post, but it brings up a very good point. Responding to the jets have "all the cards"

The Jets have one card, which is to do nothing. They've made it clear they don't want Abraham back. They're only alternative to dealing with Atlanta is to drag this thing out and hope that another team wants to get into the dance. But that's not a real option because Abraham has signed a contract with Atlanta and has expressed his desire to play as a Falcon.

The Jets only have the ability to keep Abraham from Atlanta, and that doesn't make a lot of sense for them to do b/c they're throwing away getting a draft pick for a player who is in reality a free agent that they don't want on their team. Rumors that the Jets want to trade up with New Orleans so that they can get Leinart in the draft.

He's a defensive end. A 2nd round pick is a pretty good alternative to nothing.

Besides this is another trade that Atlanta doesn't have to make. If we don't get Abraham it's not the end of the world. Keeping Abraham actually poses more problems for the Jets organization that currently has more than its share of personnel issues. The Jets have overplayed their hand from the jump in this.

Anytime, one team initially asks for a 1st round pick AND a potential quarterback as compensation, and then receives a counter offer of a 2nd round pick, AND that doesn't IMMEDIATELY end negotiations.... they've overplayed their hand.

shall continue discussions in the morning.

Just look at the other posts telling you you're stupid. I don't think you should be the one trying to call others out on intelligence. Just remember, you went there first.

yeah, we need starters, not depth. If we get abe, our front 7 is completly set as any draft pick in the front 7 (except maybe dt) would be a waste. Only thing we need, not including if we get abe is a

De

run-stopping dt

another safety

O-line

besides that we're set.

we could always use upgrades at rb and maybe cb, but if we didn't, we'd still be very good.

You could also use:

an accurate and durable QB.

a consistent WR who isn't afraid to go over the middle and will catch the ball when it's thrown to him. These deep ball wideouts are cute but how about making more than 1 play a game.

an offensive coordinator who can design an offensive gameplan that is more imaginative.

Two Offensive Tackles who can pass block. No more turnstile games against Carolina and Tampa. Throw in The Saints since they are getting Super Mario.

One above average interior offensive lineman.

Size on defense could help. Your whole front 7 is undersized and wears down late in games. John Abraham won't help you against the run.

A CB who can cover opposite DeAngelo Hall.

A safety who can cover.

Besides all that. You guys are set ;-)

Just because we don't want him back doesn't mean we can't use him if we have to, he is still one of the top DE in the league whether we want him or not. He wants out more than we want him out. That being said, we could tell him to work out a deal with seattle, play another year here, or not play at all. If he has that choice, he'll go to seattle and take the $$$. And there already is another team "in the dance." One that has presented a better deal than atlanta has. And it is a very real option, because abraham has not signed any deal with the falcons, that's a ridiculous idea. They've worked out the terms of a deal that he would sign if he were traded there, but that in no way prevents the jets from sending him elsewhere.

They also have the ability to keep abraham from anyone and play next year with one of the top DE in the league. Its better than throwing away one of the best DE for a lower than what he's worth draft pick. And a 1st round pick from Seattle is a much better alternative to taking atlanta's ridiculous offer.

From what I understand, the jets asked for a 1st round pick OR a potential quarterback as compensation. And if you ask me, its pretty dumb to end negotiations with one of the few teams who are interested in a player. Its common knowledge that the first offers that someone asks for or offers is the high end of what they want and after that each side works down to a deal. This is the reason I think we can get more out of Seattle cause the 31st pick was their first offer. But even if we can't its better than any offer atlanta has come up with.

I don't think the guy that you quoted has any idea what he's talking about. Doesn't really help your argument to quote people who are idiots and/or aren't up to date with the news.

I just read through this entire thread and have a couple things to add.

First of all, QuickVick has no business accusing anyone here of acting like they are actually the GM of the Jets. The only person that is truly acting like that is you.

Second of all, it's been widely agreed upon by most scouts and GM's that the first round talent lies within about 40-43 players or so from everything I have read. The 47th overall pick puts us just out of that range, and throwing in a 3rd rounder doesn't help much because with SEA's pick we will be looking at about 10-12 players who have first round talent. Our options of who we draft will be quite sufficient by position, so we won't have to view the pick with a tunnel vision mentality of choosing a player solely based on need. We will be in a situation where we can possibly take the best available player at 31, pretty much regardless of position, and then take a player at 36 with team needs in mind. Having the 36th and 47th pick forces us to heavily consider team needs at 36 and take BAP at 47. Clearly you can see how it severely affects a strategic draft plan and a 3rd round pick just does not compensate for that deficiency, regardless of what draft value charts say.

Third of all, the Jets are the ones who have the leverage. They have obviously made it clear they want the 15th overall OR a deal that includes Matt Schaub. If ATL does not concede then the Jets have obviously made it clear they will move on in a different direction. Get over it.

Jets | Abraham intent on playing in Atlanta

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:35:15 -0800

Well, if he's so "intent" on playing in Atlanta, why doesnt he just sign the contract he has with Atlanta, and have the Falcons sign off as well, give up the 2 first round picks, and be done with it?

Stay tuned.....

hahaha, exactly,,,

squirm turd

Archived